Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director/Senior Director, Clinical Rseearch Physician for Early Development Oncology . The preferred location for this position is Spring House, PA, but consideration could be given to other locations. Up to 25% travel may be required. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
The Medical Director/Senior Medical Director-Clinical Research-Hematology is a member of a matrix team dedicated to the implementation of clinical research studies that are part of a global compound development program.
The Medical Director/Senior Medical Director supports the Clinical Leader and provides active scientific contributions to a cross-functional clinical team developing a compound currently being studied for new hematology and oncology applications. Other functional groups represented on the team include project management, regulatory affairs, global clinical operations, data management, medical writing, biostatistics, medical affairs, clinical pharmacology biomarkers, translational medicine, patient reported outcomes, and health economics.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The role requires a high-performing and energetic individual who demonstrates outstanding scientific knowledge applicable to hematology or oncology clinical research and the highest personal and ethical standards.
- The successful candidate must be equally comfortable among the team to which he/she is assigned and in the global environment in which the company operates.
- The Medical Director/Senior Medical Director assists in the preparation of protocol writing for and operational execution of clinical studies.
- He/She/ They participates in the interpretation and reporting of the results of the research, including submission to health authorities.
- He/She/They evaluates scientific information and new ideas to assist in identifying new research opportunities.
- The Medical Director/Senior Medical Director supports medical affairs activities involving product evaluation, labeling and surveillance.
- He/She/They will assess external clinical research proposals involving company products and manuscripts that are being prepared for publication.
- The Medical Director/Senior Medical Director acts as a liaison between the company and clinical investigators.
- The Medical Director/Senior Medical Director develops, in concert with the clinical leadership, credible relationships with opinion leaders, and clinical research staff in many countries.
- This position requires a minimum of an advanced degree in medicine (i.e. M.D. or equivalent).
- A trained Oncologist or Hematologist or an individual with substantial previous experience in conducting hematology or oncology clinical studies is highly desired.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a clinical research position in an academically-based research institute or within the pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of basic and clinical cancer or hematology research and its application to drug development is required.
- Good oral, written, and presentation skills (including report development) are essential.
- Successful work experience in a matrix team environment is preferred.
- A strong commitment to hematology/oncology clinical research and the ability to work well within a team setting are essential.
- This position may require up to 25% domestic and international travel depending on business needs.