Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Evolenteers make a difference wherever they are, whether it is at a medical center, in the office, or while working from home across 48 states. We empower you to work from where you work best, which makes juggling careers, families, and social lives so much easier. Through our recognition programs, we also highlight employees who live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing their whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
As a Medical Director, Radiation Oncology you will be a key member of the utilization management team. We can offer you a meaningful way to make a difference in patients lives, in a non-clinical environment. You can enjoy better work- life balance on a team that values collaboration and continuous learning while providing better health outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of all clinical program guidelines.
- Responsible for participation in the Utilization Management (UM) Committee.
- Responsible for performing peer reviews including peer-to-peer conversations.
- Responsible for communicating need for additional clinical information to ordering providers.
- Responsible for coordinating with UM staff to ensure timely and accurate communication of clinical decisions with a respectful demeanor and maintaining HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining availability to clinical and non-clinical administrative staff during performance of initial and second level screening, while serving as a subject matter expert in meetings, as assigned with practices and/or payers.
- Perform all peer clinical review activities while located in a state or territory of the United States.
Qualifications (Required and Preferred)
- Graduate of recognized medical degree program- Required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the practice of medical oncology- Required.
- At least two years of experience in a regulatory role- Preferred.
- Current, unrestricted clinical license in medicine or required specialty- Required.
- Obtaining and maintaining medical licenses in Required States- Required.
- Active Board Certification in Radiation Oncology -Required.
- Strong clinical, management, communication, and organizational skills-Required.
- Energetic and curious with a passion for quality and value in health care-Required.
- Computer Proficiency-Required.