A Highly Visible Role in the Hospital
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As a Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM).
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serving as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Improve efficiency and quality of care
Our physician advisors are trained in best practice clinical documentation and workflows, concurrent, secondary reviews, and performance improvement. This role provides the opportunity to use your clinical expertise away from the bedside. A rewarding part of being a physician advisor is providing continuous improvement feedback through physician-to-physician education.
Join A Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team’s support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP – Critical care, hospital medicine, or emergency medicine experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.
Location and Lifestyle
Swedish American Hospital is a 357-bed, non-profit, teaching hospital serving the greater Rockford region, northern Illinois, and southern Wisconsin. As a division of the University of Wisconsin Health, Swedish offers patients local access to many world-class specialists. The hospital is also the largest regional cancer center and the only heart hospital in the region and has achieved Magnet® recognition as a reflection of its nursing professionalism, teamwork, and superiority in patient care
- Clinical Quality and Workplace Excellence
- Top 100 Hospital Quality Award (Total Benchmark Solutions)
- Recipient of the National Quality Cup, Outstanding Achievement Award by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer) and Consumer Preference Patient Satisfaction
- One of the 150 Top Places to work in Healthcare by Beckers
- 100 Top Hospital designation by Solucient
- Recipient of the Distinguished Hospital Award by JD Power and Associates and Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award and Best in the Hearts by Health Grades