At CorroHealth our purpose is to help clients exceed their financial health goals. Across the reimbursement cycle, our scalable solutions and clinical expertise help solve programmatic needs. Enabling our teams with leading technology allows analytics to guide our solutions and keeps us accountable achieving goals.
We build long-term careers by investing in YOU. We seek to create an environment that cultivates your professional development and personal growth, as we believe your success is our success.
As a Medical Director, Inpatient Audit you’ll have the unique opportunity to evaluate hospitalizations across the country while utilizing your medical knowledge and gaining experience as an expert advisor to client hospitals. You will perform clinical case reviews and provide recommendations that focus on establishing the appropriate admission status. CorroHealth offers a career path that allows you to continue using your clinical knowledge, drive value to hospitals while providing you with a predictable schedule. This opportunity allows for the work/life balance you desire while expanding your knowledge base in Utilization Review.
The Impact You Will Have:
CorroHealth is led by like-minded clinicians who share the same innate calling to help. Hospitals nationwide have recently struggled with managing complex and unforeseen challenges such as global pandemics, complex regulatory updates, and downstream policy changes set forth by Medicare and private payer organizations – resulting in financial difficulty. CorroHealth physicians lead challenging and rewarding careers by providing our hospital clients with guidance to improve compliance and ensure appropriate payment for the care delivered. The impact of your role will allow attending physicians to focus on what is most important, providing dedicated care to the patients they serve.
Training (The First 3 Weeks):
- Training will occur Monday-Friday 9A-5P ET
After Completion of Training:
- You will work a set schedule of 40 hours each week that is agreed upon by you and the hiring team prior to your start date.
- Shifts are typically scheduled between the hours of 8:00 a.m. ET to 6:00 p.m. ET
- Each of your shifts will be 9 hours in length, which includes one hour of dedicated break time.
- Weekend and evening shifts are available, but not required for this position.
In This Role You Will:
- Work with CorroHealth analytics team auditing encounters that are selected for clinical review of the medical record with a focus on regulatory compliance.
- Review a variety of short-stay inpatient encounters referred to CorroHealth by our clients, ensuring that the patient status is accurate and compliant with Medicare regulations.
- Be expected to manage and maintain your client systems access to log in remotely to EMRs to review the medical record.
Working at CorroHealth:
- All necessary hardware and software is provisioned to each of our Medical Directors
- You have the ability to work remotely in a comfortable environment
Do You Have What It Takes?
- MD or DO degree with strong clinical knowledge
- Active unrestricted medical license in at least one state within the United States
- Required specialization in Adult Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist, Nephrology, or Infectious Disease; Board certification (preferred)
- At a minimum, 1 year of acute care adult hospital experience in a US hospital within the past 5 years or recent relevant physician advisor experience
- Working knowledge of hospitals’ EMR
- Computer proficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Quality of life with a remote predictable schedule
- Comprehensive training and education program
- Opportunities for career growth within the organization
- Salary plus bonus opportunities**
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, 401K**
- Holidays, paid time off, short term and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance**
- Allowance for CME and/or licensure renewal
**Full-time hours apply