- Responsible for implementation and administration of clinical site compliance with primary health care policies and procedures, as developed and communicated by the Medical Director/CMO or their designee.
- Ensure that site providers are aware of and are compliant with the organization’s clinical practice requirements, standard operating procedures and quality metrics.
- Maintain advice and consent functions regarding the responsibilities and privileges of administrative personnel supervising ancillary (e.g., laboratory, x-ray, etc.) services.
- Approve continuing professional education requests, as well as oversee in-service training and orientation of clinical staff for the site.
- Participate in the development of health risk management protocols.
- Participate in Peer Review process.
Provider and Clinical Leadership & Accountability
- Implement policies and objectives for medical programs and communicate these policies to designated staff, led by Manager of Clinical Quality & Training, for execution within an integrated team case management approach.
- Liaison between the clinicians and administration.
- Assist in the development, implementation and site supervision of the organization’s quality assurance program as it relates to patient care.
- Represent the views, needs, concerns, and policy proposals of the site’s medical staff to the Medical Director and CEO.
- Provide guidance on medical decisions for the site(s).
- Participate in the interviewing of medical staff and assurance of their credentials. Recommend and implement approved personnel decisions (hiring, promotion, termination and other disciplinary actions) for medical staff for review and approval of the Medical Director/CEO.
- Oversee clinical assignments, rotation and call schedules, coverage and approval of leave time, etc. for site provider staff.
- Conduct annual and periodic performance evaluations of clinical providers for the site(s).
- Conduct site provider team and interdisciplinary meetings with medical and support staff to assure quality patient care.
- Contribute input for and implement strategies for ensuring achievement of provider productivity objectives for site staff; monitor performance of providers in achieving those objectives.
- Participate with clinical leadership, Director of Business Operations and Quality team in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures.
- Provide input to the periodic review of practice management functions, e.g., reception, telephone triage, patient flow, outreach services, laboratory, follow-up on missed appointments, referral tracking, etc.
- Review patient satisfaction survey data and work with site and organization-wide provider team to develop overall patient satisfaction improvement strategies.
- Provide patient care.
- Full licensure to practice medicine in the State of North Carolina
- Board-certified in a primary care specialty (Internal or Family Medicine preferred).
- Medical degree from an accredited institution.
- Five (5)+ years of progressively responsible administration experience in health care industry, preferably in a rural or under-served area.