Touro College University System
- The Medical Director is a licensed physician experienced in the delivery of primary health care. The Medical Director works closely with the program directors to assure that the PA Program meets and exceeds the published “Standards and Guidelines for an Accredited Educational Program for the Physician Assistants” as developed by the ARC-PA. The Medical Director will support the program directors in assuring that continuous competent medical guidance for the clinically related program components is provided so that both didactic and supervised instruction meets current acceptable practice. The Medical Director should provide continuous competent medical guidance for those portions of the curriculum in which the physician assistant students learn develop and practice the knowledge and skills essential to successful professional interactions with physicians in the workplace. Additionally the Medical Director should elicit actively the understanding and support of practicing physicians.The Medical Director will be sufficiently available to fulfill the educational and administrative responsibilities outlined below:
- Responsibilities and Duties:
- Curriculum Evaluation/Developmenta.
- Monitors the didactic curriculum and suggests appropriate changes.
- Monitors the clinical curriculum and suggests appropriate changes.
- Serves as a member of the Academic Progress Committee
- Consultant Functions.
- Is available to the Program Directors for input regarding any aspect of the training program regarding curriculum strategic issues disciplinary/remediation measures or policy formulation.
- Will attend PA program faculty meetings various appropriate committee meetings re-accreditation site team visit meetings and graduation ceremonies.
- Works in the Clinical Committee as a strong advocate of the PA Profession.
- Teaching Responsibilities
- The Medical Director will teach various courses and give lectures in areas of expertise.
- Currently Licensed in the State of Illinois and board certified
- Doctor of Medicine
- Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Touro College is an equal opportunity employer. Touro College treats all employees, job applicants, and students without unlawful consideration of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), age, disability, medical condition, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy in all decisions, including but not limited to, recruitment, the administration of educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.