Cactus Communications was founded in 2002 with the aim to help researchers through editing and translation services initially. We now aim to be the global organization that has helped increase the speed and impact of research publishing and dissemination by helping all researchers become more effective. We partner with researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations through innovative products and services developed under the brands Editage, Cactus Life Sciences, R, Impact Science, UNSILO, and Cactus Labs.
CACTUS has offices in 9 countries and has a global workforce of over 3000 experts with experts from over 190 countries. Our culture is built on inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity. This combination helps professionals at CACTUS make a difference individually and collectively.
About the Brand:
CACTUS life sciences provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
Services we offer include:
- Clinical trial publications
- Medical Affairs educational content
- Medical Information
- Medical devices documentation
About the Opportunity:
Cactizens make an impact. We seek professionals who see differently; who find opportunity where others don't; and who look within themselves and know that with the right support and team, they can impact the world.
We are currently looking to add self-motivated, entrepreneurial members to our life sciences team. This is an opportunity to grow your career and make a greater impact on the lives around you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner with client teams in developing and executing their strategic publication plans
- Work closely with the agency team in developing publications by providing review support
- Train and mentor junior writers; contribute to skill development of the writing team
- Be accountable for quality of deliverables sent to the client
- Work with Account Director to ensure compliance with client SOPs and publication objectives
- Participate in client pitches and business development meetings as the scientific lead
- Ensure organic growth through delivery quality and client engagement
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- MD/PhD or similar advanced degree
- At least 4-5 years of core writing experience and 3-5 years of experience as a Medical Director in a scientific writing team at a pharmaceutical company or a medical communications agency
- Experience across several therapy areas and strong editorial skills
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and executing publication plans for both investigational and mature products, including gap analyses, needs assessments, scientific platforms, identifying target audiences, and journals and congresses
- Experience with developing digital content to supplement traditional publications
- Experience of providing congress support and conducting advisory board meetings
- Willingness to train and develop junior writers by doing detailed reviews of documents and training sessions
- Willing to travel to client locations in the US and elsewhere
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top global pharmaceutical, medical devices and biotechnology companies. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We take great pride in our professional and collaborative culture, which is guided by our values. We make every effort to ensure that our employees are happy at work. The foundation of this culture is the belief in people and meritocracy.
- Learn & Grow: You own your career! We believe that skills and the drive to perform are more important than tenure and that you should have a say in your own growth path.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
Awards and Recognition:
- Best Organization for Women’s Talent Development 2019N
- Among the Best Companies for Millennials 2019
- Among the Top 10 Safe Places to Work 2019
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces 2017
- Among the top 20 companies on FlexJob’s global list of the Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs 2016-2020