Chamberlain University is pleased to announce a part-time online teaching opportunity in our Master of Public Health program.
Do you remember the professor who encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful public health professional you are today? Now you have a unique opportunity to be that professor, to create the "a-ha" moment of sudden insight and comprehension that will change a student's life forever. We build long-term relationships with superior public health educators who are experts in their field and committed to providing the finest in practitioner-focused education.
This is 100% ONLINE teaching, an incredibly flexible and convenient way to share your experience and knowledge with those who aspire to enjoy the career success you already have.
We seek candidates with professional and academic experience teaching in these specific areas:
- Community Participatory Research
- Public Health Communications
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Principles/Foundation in Public Health Systems
In this position, you will:
- Inspire students to complete their program by providing regular, meaningful feedback about their academic performance, development and participation while encouraging them to engage fully in their education
- Engage students in meaningful asynchronous threaded discussions at least 4 days per week, moderating participation, evaluating responses and rationales, and responding to questions or comments
- Host 2 or more virtual office hours per week
- Evaluate academic progress and comprehension of course content through assigning and grading quizzes, exams and writing assignments
- Exhibit Chamberlain Care™ by displaying behaviors of care, respect and professionalism, creating a culture that fosters collaboration, cooperation and respect among all
- Be readily available to meet the needs of a student body that is diverse in age, culture and academic preparation
- Identify and embrace opportunities to enhance student engagement by reaching out to students in need and responding quickly to requests for help
- Bring your professional experience to life through professional development, introducing industry perspective into courses and sharing information about public health trends and opportunities with students
- Promote student success by demonstrating flexibility in style, schedule, and exhibiting your passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to improve scholarly excellence and subject matter expertise
- Foster a positive learning environment by maintaining accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic policies
- Use technological options for online technologies and course-related software, includingthe Canvas LMS, websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
- Model effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
- Set clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensure that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
You are encouraged to apply for this opportunity it you have:
- A PhD or professional doctorate (DHP, EdD, MD, JD) is required
- A Master of Public Health graduate degree is required
- Professional experience directly in the fields of instruction shown above
- Online teaching experience of 2+ years is required to be considered for this position; preferably at the graduate level