To provide clinical leadership for HIV prevention and care, sexual health, and LGBTQ+ health care across FHCHC Departments, teams, and sites of care. Ensure universal HIV screening, linkage to care, and up-to-date clinical management for patients living with HIV/AIDS. Provide sexual health services to adolescents and adults, including sexual health education, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), STI diagnosis, and treatment. Ensure universal screening for Hepatitis C and provide on-site treatment for patients with chronic hepatitis C and B. To partner with Finance on HRSA Ryan White grant administration and reporting and liaison with numerous community partners.
Duties and responsibilities
The Medical Director of HIV, HCV, and LGBTQ+ Care will provide HIV and primary care services to Fair Haven patients, including management of antiretroviral therapy, preventive health services, and management of comorbid conditions impacted by HIV. This individual will provide LGBTQ+ health care services, including HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis and transgender care. The individual will also oversee Infection Control for the Health Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide HIV clinical leadership, including care to HIV patients at Fair Haven Community Health Care (FHCHC) according to federally approved medical practice guidelines for HIV/AIDS. Together with the HIV/ID Program Director and HIV/ID Team, develop team protocols that facilitate adherence to these standards.
- Provide clinical leadership to transgender health care programs, including providing hormone therapy, referral for gender affirmation surgery, and collaboration with Behavioral Health to offer counseling and support to transgender patients.
- Work closely with the entire HIV/ID team to address social determinants of health and facilitate patient follow-up, medication adherence, and optimal clinical outcomes for patients with HIV, Hepatitis C/B, and transgender healthcare needs.
- Work with HIV/ID Program Director, HIV/ID Team, and Data Team to develop annual clinical quality improvement projects with measurable clinical outcome metrics.
- Review HIV patient clinical quality metrics at least every three months to ensure that care delivery is meeting those metrics.
- Review annually HIV and STI prevention and treatment guidelines that are used as FHCHCs clinical guidelines and make these guidelines available for staff internally.
- Provide HIV, Hepatitis C, and LGBTQ health updates as needed to FHCHC providers, in the form of memos and/or in-service education, to review standards of care, introduce new concepts, and educate providers.
- Meet regularly with the HIV/ID Team, as well as regular meetings with the HIV/ID Program Director.
- Work with senior leadership and HIV/ID Program Director to serve as the primary individual responsible for submission and management of Ryan White Part B and C program grants.
- Meet monthly with HIV/ID Program Director and Finance to ensure compliance with current HRSA Ryan White Finance requirements, including program spending and reporting requirements.
- Work with HIV/ID Program Director to maintain and update the HIV CAREWare database.
- Perform other necessary duties as required by FHCHC
- MD or APRN required HIVMA or AAHIVM or significant clinical experience in HIV medicine is required.
- Experience and expertise in Hepatitis C/B management and transgender health care, as well as experience in primary care, are also required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
HIV/ID Program Director
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into a computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continually changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard or telephone.