The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire an Illinois licensed Internal Medicine medical professional to provide medical leadership and oversight of the medical services provided at the Ludeman Developmental Center in Park Forest, Illinois. The Ludeman Developmental Center serves a broad spectrum of individuals with behavioral and medical needs. We strive to provide equitable access to social/human services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve.
- Serves as the Medical Director of the Ludeman Developmental Center.
- Serves as full-line supervisor.
- Serves as a member of the Center's Executive Staff which directs day to day operations of Ludeman Developmental Center.
- Establishes and monitors progress in meeting medical/clinical goals and objectives for competency program of staff.
- Recruits and selects qualified physicians and health care providers and supervises medical/clinical techniques and services, including Nursing, Dental and Physician Services.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires an Illinois license to practice medicine and an American Board of Medical Specialties certification or its equivalent in the medical specialty of Internal Medicine.
- Requires three (3) years substantive medical administrative experience in directing, planning and evaluating a medical/clinical program.
Preferred Qualifications (in priority order)
- Three (3) years of professional experience working with professional health services, disciplines and program support functions which must be coordinated in administering a comprehensive medical health program.
- Three (3) years of professional experience managing and evaluating the delivery of medical care, treatment, and services.
- Three (3) years of professional experience as a physician working with concepts and practices in internal medicine.
- At least three (3) years, preferably five (5) years, of professional experience recommending changes to medical service programs.
- Three (3) years of experience providing technical, medical training and assistance to internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Three (3) years of professional experience communicating with both internal and/or external stakeholders daily on medical services.
- One (1) year of professional experience performing quality assurance assessments on medical services and treatments provided to patients and/or individuals.
- One (1) year of professional experience supervising staff in the medical field.
Conditions of Employment
- Requires ability to work after business hours, on weekends, and on holidays on a rotation basis.
- Requires the ability to travel.
Health Services; Administration/Management; Social Services