- Responsible for the medical appraisal of applications for life and/or disability.
- Medically appraise those applications for life and disability insurance which are referred to the Medical Department
- Decide with respect to medical aspects to accept preferred, standard, special class, or to decline and to determine what minimum class rating, if any, shall apply.
- Educate underwriters on medical topics pertinent to insurance underwriting.
- Conduct medical literature research to assist with the development of medical underwriting guidelines
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO).
- Certification in Internal Medicine, Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine Specialty is preferred.
- 1+ years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Teaching skills
- Statistical analytic skills, preferred
- Medical literature research methodology
- Creative Problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Adaptability and Teamwork/collaborative approach
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.