The Medical Director of the facility is a physician that is actively practicing onsite. The Medical Director functions as the organization’s clinical leader and ensures that the Mission and Core Values of the company are upheld. The Medical Director provides guidance, leadership, and oversight to the staff and will be responsible for the clinical staff including staffing models, medical staff hiring, orientation, scheduling, and on-going training and company educational programs. The Medical Director will assist in the creation and implementation of clinical and administrative policies and procedures and actively participate in and oversee the quality assurance, compliance, and peer utilization review programs.
The Medical Director provides high quality, patient-focused health care services to all patients in collaboration with the other staff members to ensure that the individually planned needs and desires of patients are met, regardless of age or gender, on a continuing basis by performing the duties outlined below. The Medical Director abides by the standards laws and ethics governing the practice of medicine as established by the State Board of Medical Examiners and State Professional and Occupational Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Adheres to guidelines as established by the Company policy and procedure manuals while maintaining appropriate clinical standards.
· Thoroughly evaluates patients by clinical interview, history, physical examination and interpretation of applicable tests to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient-focused healthcare.
· Aides patients in their right to be informed and to participate in making decisions in all aspects of their medical care and treatment plan while respecting their personal values and beliefs.
· Actively promotes health and disease prevention by educating both the patient and family. Providing patient and family instruction based on individualized patient needs.
· Orders and reviews necessary tests, analyses, results, reports and diagnostic images in a timely manner to determine appropriate treatment and follow up.
· Administers or prescribes treatments and medications appropriate for patient age and condition.
· Refers patients to medical specialist, consultant services or emergency department when necessary for patient’s well-being.
· Accurately, efficiently, and completely documents necessary data for patient records to facilitate completion of billing processes.
· Utilizes all equipment, supplies, facilities, and resources of the Company in a prudent and efficient manner.
· Participates in department quality improvement activities, staff educational programs, attends departmental meetings and demonstrates and maintains clinical competency in the delivery of patient care services in accordance with Company guidelines.
· Participates in and coordinates Peer Review and Chart Audit processes.
· Maintains supervisory duties over staff as required.
· Maintains competency in skills relevant to the scope of services provided in the facility. The scope of services in specific markets will require employees to complete relevant training and to obtain additional certifications or licensure. (DOT Certification, Occupational Medicine Certification, Dispensing Permits, Telemedicine permits, etc.)
· Other duties as needed.
The Physician Medical Director is responsible for the supervision, control, and direction of the Physician, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, including students on clinical rotation, nurse, nurse technician, medical assistant, and radiology technicians, and retains responsibility to the patient for their competence and performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
· Business Acumen - Understands the importance of business profit and loss summation and how decisions impact them. Works within approved budget and develops and implements cost saving measures when possible.
· Communication skills – Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills and understanding of complex numerical data sets. Actively participates in meetings and responds in a timely manner to email communication.
· Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
· Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; understands market orientation, service quality and its relationship to organizational performance.
· Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities while actively engaging in conflict resolution and team building.
· Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Diversity - Promotes a harassment and discrimination-free environment.
· Ethics - Maintains commitments and upholds organizational values.
· Dependability – Is reliable and consistent and can commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
· Organizational Support - Understands company hierarchy for responsibility and authority and the value of employee contributions.
· Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
· Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
· Planning and Organizing - Prioritizes and assigns task to promote efficient use of time.
· Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Follows policies and procedures.
· Adaptability - Changes approach, method, or assignments to best fit the situation; manages frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and/or Experience
Doctorate of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine in good standing with their respective board.
Ability to analyze, interpret and present information obtained from general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to compose reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Can effectively respond to questions from
clients, customers, managers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems when furnished with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Can interpret a variety of constructs including instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of EMR systems, specifically DocuTap, Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current unrestricted State Medical License; CDS Controlled Substance License as applicable per prescriptive authority; DEA Drug Enforcement Agency Registration Number as applicable per prescriptive authority; BLS Basic Life Support Certification required. Active medical board certification required per state requirements.
Successful Completion of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred of full-time physicians.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and/or crouch. The employee may be required to lift supplies and/or equipment and may be responsible for lifting, positioning, and/or transferring patients.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee may be exposed to infectious or contagious diseases and a variety of electromechanical hazards. The employee may be required to handle emergency and/or crisis situations.
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in the described position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all position duties and skills required of the individual classified in this position.