McDermott+Consulting (McDermottPlus) is a premier healthcare consulting firm with offices in Washington, D.C., and New York City serving the private equity investor and corporate markets. The Farragut Square Group, McDermott Plus’ research, and advisory division, provides clients with research and policy advisory services on a range of healthcare services topics, including Billing and Coding Claim reviews of physician office practices and in and out-patient facilities.
We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our McDermott workforce. Consistent with that commitment, in light of the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread of COVID-19, we require that members of our McDermott workforce be fully vaccinated. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
At this time we are not asking you to provide any information about your current vaccination status, whether you would seek a medical or religious accommodation to the policy, or for any other medical information. We are only notifying you of the policy if you are interested in moving forward with the application process.
*Policy applies to locations where local ordinances do not prevent COVID-19 vaccination mandates.
This is a new role within a very rapidly growing team, perfect for a writer who is looking to gain expertise in an area of healthcare by both developing diligence reports off raw data produced by our medical audit and compliance team and who is looking for an opportunity to also write creatively and contribute outside of the technical writing realm. The ideal candidate loves to create stories using data – both bite-sized thoughts and longer pieces - and thrive in a fast-paced yet thoughtful environment. Our diligence is prized by the smartest healthcare investors in the U.S. and so is an ideal position for a dedicated professional obsessed with bringing accurate and helpful. This is a 100% remote position.
As a Medical Technical Content Writer Role you will:
- Creation of PowerPoint or other written presentations that layout and explain the team’s analysis for each Medical Audit and Compliance project performed, using the pre-existing template and library of 100+ reports.
- The majority of these reports are 5-20+ page PowerPoints in healthcare services provider specialties (i.e. dermatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, urology, women’s health, urgent care, etc) as well as across behavioral health modalities (autism, outpatient mental health therapy, substance abuse, etc) and the post-acute realms (i.e. home health).
- Responsible for maintaining consistency, clarity, quality, and speed across the diligence reports created.
- We are a very busy fast-growing division and so ideal position for a writer who craves being busy – some weeks there are 5 or more reports to the author in addition to making time for producing content for the creative writing portion of the job.
Creative Writing Portion of the Job:
- Once the client-centric portion of the job is complete - each week the number of client reports to get out will differ – this role will also be responsible for creating thoughtful bite sized content marketing content to spur business development efforts;
- Independently research, or otherwise quickly learn, project-related topics in order to produce content correctly and efficiently;
- Ability to simplify complex concepts to focus on the commercial value of information to support business development;
Nice to have but not integral would be an individual with a marketing background who can also help us with effective messaging for collateral, website, social, and other marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in technical or medical-related writing positions, a journalist with experience in healthcare or healthcare research writer a big plus
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word), as well as the ability to learn new software systems
- An impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and industry-specific jargon.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously and juggle varied workstreams.
- The ability to understand the needs of Farragut’s clients and develop meaningful content emphasizing the business’s differentiators and prowess in the marketplace.
- Ability to research industry topics to generate both client-facing and marketing content.
- Excellent self-editing/proofreading capability.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities with an understanding that priorities may change quickly
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
- Strong organizational skills
- A healthcare services background is a big plus but not required.