Insights & Experience is a central, shared market research, customer experience and competitive intelligence center of excellence (COE) that supports fact-based decision making to enable our customer-centric strategy. We seek to partner with our internal clients and business across several areas:
- Understanding consumer/customer/client/provider/broker experiences, needs and expectations.
- Gathering data on key stakeholder groups.
- Identifying new business opportunities and areas for growth.
- Identifying pain points and business opportunities for retention.
- Evaluating customer loyalty / satisfaction to inform customer experience priorities.
- Assessing products, services and channel approaches.
- Assessing campaign effectiveness.
- Tracking brand performance and recommending course adjustment.
- Building our brand positioning and relevance.
Ultimately, Insight & Experience’s goal is to help guide effective business decisions and actions with the informational needs of Cigna’s key stakeholders in mind.
The Market Insight Advisor is responsible for the market research and insight needs of our Government and Supplemental Benefit businesses to support their key strategic initiatives and priorities.
This role reports to the Market Insight Senior Manager for Government & Individual Businesses . Jointly they develop and drive a research agenda that supports strategic insight generation, communication and activation with internal stakeholders and clients.
The role collaborates across all levels of the organization to define business and research objectives and recommend and execute appropriate research designs. Ultimately, the Insight Advisor ensures research is conducted with business actions in mind, at the highest quality levels, to build trust and confidence in the findings through the insights and implications that support key business decisions.
In short, this position will be responsible for
- Internal client relationship management and prioritization.
- Translation of business partner needs to establish an effective research approach.
- Research project design and execution.
- Vendor management.
- Quality control.
- Strict adherence to internal and external Compliance/Legal/Privacy regulations.
- Keeping up to date on latest methodologies and technology.
- Keeping up to date on latest government/regulatory and policy changes that impact product, pricing, plan ratings, etc.
- Championing strategies that provide deep and broad-based consumer and marketplace knowledge.
- Synthesis of insights across multiple projects, sources etc.; ability to translate data into clear and actionable results.
- Clear communication of insights to develop relationships of trust, and to provide convincing business insights.
- Deep understanding of the health industry, specifically health insurance, with a focus on the Senior and Individual audiences.
- Degree or certificate in gerontology or proven experience in the Senior/Medicare space.
- Proven ability to build and drive a research agenda aligned to business objectives and strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in consumer research (especially hard-to-reach consumers); B2B experience a plus.
- Proven experience managing and extracting insights from both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Able to combine and reconcile information from a variety of sources – qualitative, quantitative, custom, and business metrics – to develop convincing results.
- Ability to balance the science of market research with sound, practical insights.
- Ability to influence senior leaders.
- Proven experience managing research vendors.
- Prior experience on the client-side is preferred; vendor-side experience is a plus.
- Exceptional written skills with ability to tell the story.
- Experience with research platforms/tools such as Qualtrics, Vovici/Verint, dScout, or equivalents a plus.
- Experience with analysis tools such as Tableau, SPSS, or equivalents a plus.
- Preferred degree in Marketing Science/Market Research, Economics, Human Behavior/Psychology or Statistics or equivalent work experience.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Initiative and drive for results; problem solver, critical thinking.
- Quick study, high energy.
- Influential and impactful presentation and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Business acumen.
- Flexibility, keen to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Team player.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.