The Regional Manager of CDI will lead and direct the physician and CDI program for a multi -facility ministry/region. Facilitates modifications to clinical documentation through concurrent interaction with physicians and other members of the healthcare team. Gathers and analyzes information regarding pertinent trends in CDS staff performance. As a working manager, augments CDS staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or HIM required; Master’s degree in appropriate field highly preferred, OR
- Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner degree required, OR
- MD or DO degree (may be foreign-trained) required.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience as a Clinical Documentation Specialist, OR
- Minimum 10 years prior experience as RN in an acute care setting, OR
- Minimum 5 years prior experience as RNP, PA or physician/FMG in acute care setting.
- Current licensure as RN, RNP, PA, MD, or DO required, as applicable.
- Current certification as CCS, CCDS or CDIP highly preferred.
- Previous supervisory/management experience highly preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team in order to influence physician documentation processes.
- Must possess strong collaboration skills with the ability and willingness to seek out and accept change.
- Must have ability to be flexible and adjust to workload/assignment changes and interruptions.