Maybe you’ve supported a friend or family member who’s dealing with cancer. Maybe you’ve battled it yourself. At Syapse, our mission is to enable healthcare providers to deliver the best care to every cancer patient through precision medicine and it's our personal connections to this mission that unites us.
Together, we're building a revolutionary product that integrates complex oncology data and shares insights across the cancer care ecosystem including cancer care centers and life science companies developing the next generation of cancer diagnostics and medicines. Join us in our mission to make precision medicine available to every cancer patient who needs it and help us make a positive impact in the lives of people battling cancer, their families and the organizations committed to their care.
About the role
Syapse is looking for an Informaticist to build on our efforts to enable data driven decisions in cancer care by combining a genuinely unique set of real-world data with Syapse technology and analytical solutions.
We’ve collected an unprecedented level of detail on patient journeys by structuring and normalizing real-world clinical and molecular data using proprietary knowledge bases. At Syapse, we deliver clinical, programmatic, and research insights that power precision medicine, like matching patients to newly approved therapies or accelerating regulatory approvals. You will be a crucial member of the Informatics Team with your unique ability to relate health information to your deep understanding of molecular and cellular processes. Not only are the data insights you will generate uniquely possible at Syapse, but these insights will be applied directly to improving patient outcomes.
This position reports directly to the Director of Informatics within the Informatics Team and collaborates daily with a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, informaticists, clinicians, data scientists and others in a fast-paced and mission driven environment.
Our team prides itself on getting data right to enable high-fidelity precision medicine insights.
- Expertise: Be a domain expert in the field of oncology as it relates to molecular and/or clinical data
- Deliver: Ability to multi-task and execute on concurrent projects
- Collaborate: Work closely with cross-functional internal teams to improve our data sets and core product
- Educate: Share translational data insights internally to enhance our company-wide understanding
- Masters, PhD or MD in informatics, molecular biology or a related field, from a leading institution or equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ years of experience working with applied data in oncology / precision medicine
- Demonstrated proficiency in oncology data
- Deep professional experience integrating data from various clinical systems such as lab information systems, EHRs, pharmacy and/or claims
- Experience with leveraging existing as well as creating new oncology data/information models from scratch
- Experience working with standard -omics nomenclature like; HUGO HGNC, Gene Ontology, HGVS, dbSNP
- Experience working with standard controlled clinical vocabularies like; SNOMED-CT, LOINC, RxNorm, NDC, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, OncoTree
- Ability to write scripts (e.g. python, perl) to perform basic data manipulation
- Experience with a query language such as SPARQL or SQL
- Experience with a statistical package such as R
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on relaying complex information and concepts in more relatable terms
- 2-4+ years of experience working in a clinical or clinical genomics lab setting
- Experience curating -omic data sets and joining with clinical EHR data
- Entrepreneurial mindset