This is an entry level position responsible for processing all release of information (ROI), specifically medical record requests, in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Growing medical records company, tremendous growth opportunities both locally and nationwide
- Motto: Deliver awesome, win together and make a difference
- Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Full benefits to commence 1st day of the month following 30 days of employment to include professional development allowance
- Onsite position at a healthcare facility in Boston, MA NOT REMOTE
- Receive and process requests for patient health information in accordance with Company and Facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and security with all privileged information.
- Maintain working knowledge of Company and facility software.
- Adhere to the Company's and Customer facilities Code of Conduct and policies.
- Inform manager of work, site difficulties, and/or fluctuating volumes.
- Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
- Consistent application of medical privacy regulations to guard against unauthorized disclosure.
- Responsible for managing patient health records.
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records and ensuring compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Prepares new patient charts, gathering documents and information from paper sources and/or electronic health record.
- Ensures medical records are assembled in standard order and are accurate and complete.
- Creates digital images of paperwork to be stored in the electronic medical record.
- Responds to requests for patient records, both within the facility and by external sources, retrieving them and transmitting them appropriately.
- Answering of inbound/outbound calls.
- May assist with patient walk-ins.
- May assist with administrative duties such as handling faxes, opening mail, and data entry.
- Must meet productivity expectations as outlined at specific site.
- May schedules pick-ups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to commute between locations as needed.
- Able to work overtime during peak seasons when required.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable utilizing phones, fax machine, printers, and other general office equipment on a regular basis.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Detail and quality oriented as it relates to accurate and compliant information for medical records.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision responding to changing priorities and role needs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Able to respond to requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
- Previous production/metric-based work experience.
- In-person customer service experience.
- Ability to build relationships with on-site clients and customers.
- Comfortable bringing new ideas, process improvement suggestions, and feedback to internal stakeholders.