The position is 100% remote with up to 75% travel. The Surveyor will serve as team member or team leader on various types of surveys (i.e. re-certification, comparative, complaint investigation, and follow-up) for long term care, ambulatory surgical centers (ASC), Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICFs/IID), end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and hospice facilities. Surveyors travel to healthcare facilities nationally conducting surveys to assess compliance with requirements and regulations guiding the quality of care for residents/customers of the facilities. The responsibility of the Surveyor is to apply approved survey protocols for conducting on-site surveys. Specific activities include the following:
· Conduct on-site surveys of Medicare-Medicaid certified health care facilities to determine compliance with Federal regulations.
· Surveys require preparations such as: off-site preparation, tour of facility, observation of care, record review, interviews of staff and families, etc. Determine if care, treatment, and services are consistent with Federal requirements.
· Evaluate many aspects of the healthcare facility system from the quality of care to the consumers’ rights and physical plant.
· Communicate the non-compliance issues with key personnel throughout the site review and during the exit conference to assure an understanding of the deficiencies cited.
· Determine if a plan of correction is acceptable.
· Conduct follow-up visits and monitoring surveys to ascertain if facilities’ plans of correction to resolve the deficient practice have been implemented.
· Approval Plan: Review facility plans of correction and make a recommendation for approval.
· Training: Assist with facility and bureau training. Participate in work groups as needed.
· Required: Must have successfully completed CMS’s Long-Term Care Basic Training and passed the Surveyor Minimum Qualifications Test (SMQT).
· At least two (2) years of recent experience working as a surveyor accrediting or certifying facilities that serve the residents of long-term care facilities.
· Associate degree, Bachelor’s a plus.
· Must maintain current licensure to practice in clinical area (RN, RD, MD, Social Work, etc.).
· Demonstrated history of independent decision-making skills to direct and effectively manage the survey process.
· Ability to set priorities independently and collectively in performing survey tasks.
· Ability to openly discuss conflicts/controversy, and to seek assistance when appropriate to make decisions and resolve conflicts.
· Ability to travel up to 75% of the time on a regular basis is required.
· U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.