Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
As a leader in next generation, data-driven pharmaceutical services, Cytel is shaping the future of clinical development. We deliver to the market high impact statistical consultancy on clinical development plans and individual trials, innovative analytical software for statistical analysis and simulation, and best-in-class data science analytics services. Our culture is inclusive, collaborative and results-driven with a shared commitment to quality. With operations across North America, Europe, and India, Cytel hires passionate and talented people who share its mission of ensuring the development of safe and effective health technologies.
Cytel’s Strategic Consultancy includes quantitative strategists and regulatory, clinical, medical, and health policy experts who support complex drug and device development programs. Our culture is inclusive, collaborative and results-driven with a shared commitment to quality. With operations across North America, Europe, and India, Cytel hires passionate and talented people who share its mission of ensuring the clinical development of safe and effective medicines.
We are hiring an Executive Consultant with a strong background in Adaptive Designs (Complex Innovative Designs) based in the US East or West Coast to join our Strategic Consulting division. Position reports to the Head of Quantitative Strategies & Data Science, Strategic Consulting.
Due to pandemic, position requires minimal to no travel for the remaining year, and up to 20% travel for 2021.
With a successful track record working in Biopharma and/or Medical Device Companies and/or experience working as a consultant for such companies, you have a deep understanding of the product development lifecycle and are dedicated to optimizing regulatory, clinical, and market access pathways to expedite patient access to good health technologies.
You will maximize Cytel’s involvement throughout the integrated product development process, from strategy development to product approval, and potentially also post-market life-cycle management. Comfortable working with key client stakeholders at the C-Level, you will encourage the integration of novel approaches into the overall development strategy where appropriate, ensuring data driven decision making throughout.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining successful, long-term relationships with the client, working in direct collaboration with Cytel stakeholders across the organization and ensuring a mutually beneficial partnership.
In addition, you will take ownership for the client’s strategic needs by having a comprehensive perspective on the partnership, which also includes opportunities for resourcing, CRO surveillance and other partnership-focused topics. Furthermore, you will engage with the client’s Point(s) of Contact to forge a strategic relationship that aims to explore additional ways Cytel may support the client, including innovative approaches to clinical development, other strategic consulting opportunities, software tools, RWE opportunities and downstream CRO services.
• Advise clients on strategies to maximize the Probability of Success and Return on Investment for the client’s development programs
• Coordinate the involvement of Cytel’s Strategic Consulting team in regulatory & clinical development and market access & commercialization strategies, ensuring quantitative approaches are used throughout to improve the decision-making process
• Ensure the appropriate experts are brought in to advise the client and complement their internal team throughout the collaboration, assigning one or more lead consultants if required to fully meet the Strategic Consulting needs of the client
• Work with the business developers and other Cytel colleagues to anticipate the client’s needs and identify new opportunities to augment the collaboration across the Cytel business units
• Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet the client’s needs
• Prepare and deliver training material and/or seminars on strategic pathways, quantitative tools and methodologies to client colleagues
• Act as the liaison between the client’s key contacts and internal teams
What you offer
• PhD/MD with at least 15 years of experience in one or more areas related to clinical development, including experience working across the product development lifecycle and interacting with the regulatory authorities.
• Biostatistician by training, with a deep understanding of how to optimize product development strategies. Non-biostatisticians must be quantitatively savvy and able to comprehensively communicate complex innovative strategies to multidisciplinary stakeholders, including C-suite executives
• Strong background in Adaptive Designs (Complex Innovative Designs)
• An existing network of clinical development professionals that you are able to leverage
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
• Good organizational awareness and understanding of organizational priorities
• Good negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
• Strong business acumen with ability to work in close collaboration with Cytel’s sales and marketing team