Wondering what’s within Beckman Coulter? Take a closer look.
Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. At Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, we’re building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. At first glance, you’ll see we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and health care forward for more than 80 years. Look again and you’ll see we are invested in you and you’ll have the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful. You’ll find the Danaher Business System, which makes everything possible. You’ll also see a company that investors trust—our culture of continuous improvement has helped us outperform the S&P 500 by more than 5,000% over the past 25 years.
And no matter where you look at Beckman Coulter, at the heart of what we do, you’ll witness our shared purpose—helping realize life’s potential—in action. Our work helps improve millions of lives.
We hope you’ll see yourself here, too.
What you find at Beckman Coulter —and within yourself — might just change the world!
Medical and Scientific Affairs is responsible for creating and driving adoption of Beckman Coulter products by providing product and disease state knowledge to targeted medical and scientific thought leaders consistent with the objectives of the company. The incumbent provides medical and clinical input to the business, advising the business unit teams and marketing teams on perspectives and information related to the clinical utilization of our products to meet the needs of the customer and patients. Advises new product development teams on critical customer needs and expectations. The incumbent may provide input to scientific collateral and educational materials to facilitate the market adoption of company products through scientific marketing programs. Incumbent keeps abreast of clinical best practices, through industry and clinical affiliations and communicates information throughout the company.
In this role, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Provides clinical input to the new product development process for the assigned business unit. Additionally, will provide medical and clinical insight to the business for existing product enhancements.
- Participate in industry wide organizations such as standardization consortiums and professional associations.
- Participates in relationships with vendors, consultants, contractors and professional associations as appropriate to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards and technologies
- Support customers at the Lab Director/Physician level and higher. Gather information about customer interests and concerns.
- Develop relationships with identified medical thought leaders to build advocacy for BCI products through providing value added services.
- Communicate with Strategy and Business Development to share information on future trends in the medical diagnostic field and new products.
- Leads a small team of internal medical/scientific affairs technical resources; influences the business through critical medical input.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- PhD degree in Clinical Chemistry with board certification by AACCB and 18+ years’ relevant experience. Experience will include post doctorate, residency and clinical experience.
- 6+ years’ experience leading teams or managing people.
- Post doctorate program in laboratory medicine or 2-3 years of clinical laboratory working experience.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous preferred experience in:
- Practical working knowledge of IVD industry, IVD technology, clinical laboratory science and medicine.
- Exceptional communication skills to communicate effectively with key stakeholders including business executives, customers and product development scientists and engineers
- Leadership ability to drive business outcomes through Medical and Scientific Affairs staff
Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates’ and their families’ lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com. We believe you’ll like what you see.
At Beckman Coulter, we’re driven by a sense of wonder for what we can create—and what we can become. Here, you’ll accelerate your career while driving innovation that improves lives. You’ll work hard and try new things, with guidance from committed leaders, powerful DBS tools, and the support of a global organization. As part of the Danaher family of 67,000 associates across the globe, your possibilities for growth and development are unparalleled.
We believe that creativity and innovation thrive when the most diverse set of voices are heard, and that’s why we’re taking concrete steps to ensure that we’re fostering an inclusive and engaging workplace for our team. If you’d like to learn more, read stories from our associates on our Careers Blog or contact one of our recruiters.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or [email protected] to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.