Indivior is a global specialty pharmaceutical company with a 20-year legacy of leadership in patient advocacy, health policy and evidence-based best practice models that have revolutionized modern addiction treatment. The name is the blend of the words individual and endeavor, and the tagline “Focus on you” makes the company’s commitment clear. It represents and empathizes with the often-difficult journey each individual patient takes to overcome the challenges of addiction – a chronic relapsing disease
Indivior is dedicated to transforming addiction from a global human crisis to a recognized and treated chronic disease. The Indivior logo radiates its patient-focused, holistic focus on expanding access to quality treatment for addiction worldwide. The company has a strong pipeline of products and candidates designed to both expand on its heritage in global opioid dependence and address other chronic diseases of addiction – including opiate overdose, alcohol use disorders and cocaine intoxication - as well as related mental health disorders such as schizophrenia.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director, Field Medical Affairs is responsible leading strategic planning and management of the Field MSL Team. The Director, Field Medical Affairs will oversee regional Team Leads who are responsible for the operational oversight and coaching of the Field MSL team. The Director, Field Medical Affairs will lead and drive the implementation of the US Field Medical Affairs strategic vision and direction as a supporting role to the VP, US Medical Affairs. The role will interface with multiple cross-functional teams including Medical Information, Medical Communication, Medical Affairs Operations, Commercial (Marketing, Sales), Real World Evidence/Outcomes, Regulatory, Clinical Development and Safety as well as external partners and Key External Experts and healthcare providers in the community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Field Medical Affairs Associate Director will work with the VP, US Medical Affairs to identify and implement the strategic vision for the Field MSL Team through alignment with the US Ecosystem model.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and execute strategy for successful deployment of a Field Medical Affairs team including Key External Expert engagement, data dissemination and clinical messaging
- Serve on cross-functional teams as a Medical Affairs representative and subject matter expert
- Lead and coordinate assigned projects for the Medical Affairs team
- Identify data gaps and develop strategy to address gaps through data generation or content development
- Provide medical leadership as needed for publication and Real-World Evidence planning
- Help identify, effectively interact and forge strong relationships with Key External Experts to engage in scientific exchange and collaboration
- Coordinate team development and training with Team Leads.
- Provide team mentorship and coaching where necessary.
- Participate in the development of Field Medical Affairs blue chips and KPIs.
- Participate in routine US Medical Affairs Leadership activities.
- Develop annual conference and advisory board plan.
- Develop quarterly strategic initiatives for Field Medical Affairs engagement.
- Assist in evaluation of territory and KEE engagement planning.
- Maintain strict adherence to compliance guidelines.
- Maintain alignment with Director, Medical Outcomes and Value
- Oversee communication of Medical Affairs Insights.
- Identify team knowledge gaps and assess appropriate actions to take to remedy knowledge gaps.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, collaborative attitude that exemplifies ownership of business, partnership with KEEs, teamwork with peers, and respect of supervisors and peers.
- Maintain clinical expertise through ongoing education including attendance at relevant symposia/conferences, scientific workshops, and review of key journals; participation in required internal training, presentations, and journal clubs.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate compliance will all teams; abide by governing corporate and client policies, as well as applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
Education: Advanced degree required (MD, PhD, or PharmD).
Field of Study: Medicine, Pharmacy
Experience: Prior history leading a field Medical Science Liaison Team. Must have experience and a history of successfully leading projects and people including training successful individuals and cross-functional teams.
License/Certifications: MD, Pharmacist, PA
Travel: Must be able to travel by air and vehicle (valid US driver’s license and clean driving record) up to 70% of time. Must be able and willing to work occasional weekends and evenings. Infrequent but potential international travel.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the employee will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a strong leadership presence
- Demonstrates a strong cross-functional team player
- Experience in strategic and tactical planning for a launch of marketed product(s)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders including the ability to tailor messages to both scientific and non-scientific audiences
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills: ability to understand, prioritize, and respond to multiple external and internal customers’ demands and to manage conflict constructively
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace entrepreneurial environment
- Displaying flexibility to rapidly changing schedules and travel
- Feeling comfortable and competent to self-initiate initiatives in a compliant fashion
Relevant pharmaceutical field medical role in addiction medicine or neuroscience (highly preferred).
Indivior is committed to providing a culture driven by guiding principles and top-tier benefits that match the importance of the work we do. The Indivior experience includes
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus floating holidays and sick leave
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan- Company match of 75% on your first 6% of contributions discount and profit sharing contribution equal to 4% of your eligible pay
- U.S. Employee Stock Purchase Plan- 15% Discount
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability coverage
- Health and Dependent Care Flex Spending options
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Leverage Concierge/personal assistance services
- Voluntary benefits including Legal, Pet Insurance and Auto/Home coverage
- Gyms, fitness facilities and cell phone discounts
- Our Guiding Principles, Core Values and Vision provide a culture that unites and guides our employees.
Indivior’s guiding principles are the foundation for each employee’s success and growth. Each employee is expected to demonstrate understanding and adherence to our guiding principles in their everyday performance.
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are considered essential but are not limited to only those outlined. The employee may perform other functions that may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.