BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated COVID-19 Team Lead for an opportunity in Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Job Title: Remote work from home - COVID-19 Team Lead - Epidemiology
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Expected Duration: Long term Contract
Travel may include going to a training or providing assistance in the field.
Work times may or not be during normal business hours.
Purpose of Position/Summary:
The COVID-19 Team Lead serves in the Epidemiology Resource Center (ERC) at the Client.
- The purpose of this position is to minimize morbidity and mortality associated with COVID-19 among Indiana residents by leading a team to conduct broad and complex range of investigative and analytical epidemiologic activities.
- The scope of this position includes but is not limited to management and leadership for investigation and surveillance of COVID-19, reporting grant metrics and ensuring grant deliverables, assistance in surveillance, response, and guidance to other program areas outside of the ERC.
COVID-19 Team Lead Contact Tracing:
This position will lead a team that is responsible for contact tracing and providing regular report to leadership.
- Manage a team which may consist of epidemiologists, public health investigators, data scientists and data entry staff. Must be able to analyze infectious disease data collected through routine surveillance, public health investigations, and applied epidemiologic studies.
- Report the analyzed data collected through routine for other client divisions, as necessary.
- Provide epidemiologic consultation and technical assistance with team which also may include local health departments, health care providers, veterinarians, and the public with respect to infectious diseases or other assigned projects within client.
- Demonstrate and communicate subject matter knowledge of the epidemiology and biology of infectious diseases
- Conduct routine epidemiologic surveillance for infectious diseases
- Assist in the development of program logic models and quality improvement projects
- Lead or coordinate epidemiologic investigations of individual cases and/or outbreaks of infectious diseases or other projects within client
- Design and conduct applied epidemiologic studies of infectious diseases and other studies with the agency
- Use leadership and systems thinking in epidemiologic planning and policy development
- Prepare and disseminate written and oral reports and presentations that communicate necessary information to internal and external partners
- Conduct educational presentations and/or trainings for a variety of audiences, including local health departments, health care providers, veterinarians, and the public
- Participate in writing grants and other funding proposals
- Serve as an agency spokesperson at the invitation and direction of the client Office of Public Affairs
- Evaluate the impact of legislation or policy proposals at the invitation and direction of the client Director of Legislative Affairs.
- Incumbent is on-call 24/7/365.
- Serve as a backup to other infectious disease epidemiologists.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
A master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, biological sciences, or social sciences) and ≥ 2 years' relevant public health experience, OR o A doctoral-level degree in epidemiology or other relevant field, OR o A graduate or professional degree in a health-related field (e.g., RN, MD/DO, DDS/DMD, DVM, PhD, RS) with specific epidemiology training (e.g., MPH degree, CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service, or CSTE Applied Epidemiology Fellowship), OR o A bachelor's degree in a relevant field and ≥ 4 years of relevant public health experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrate ability to manage a team with multiple priorities and complex projects involving critical thinking and decision-making o Knowledge of the epidemiology and biology of infectious diseases.
- Knowledge of state laws and regulations as well as federal public health guidance documents pertaining to infectious diseases.
- Skill in identification of public health problems pertinent to Indiana residents.
- Skill in conducting epidemiologic surveillance activities, including selection and use of appropriate field methods as well as use and evaluation of public health surveillance systems.
- Skill in conducting public health investigations of individual cases and/or outbreaks of infectious diseases.
- Skill in designing descriptive and analytical epidemiologic investigations, including hypothesis generation.
- Skill in managing large datasets, performing complex data analyses, and identifying key findings.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of individuals and groups including field staff, health care providers, and local health departments.
- Ability to interpret information relative to epidemiologic investigations and prepare reports based on analysis of the information
- Effectively train staff on information relative to epidemiologic investigations
- The incumbent is responsible for developing, coordinating, and analyzing disease information within the department, as well as directing disease specific investigations and outbreaks.
- This is done so that disease spread is prevented, and policies can be implemented to reduce disease incidence.
- Incumbent makes many non-routine decisions while determining how to motivate staff to organize case information, determine best public health practices to recommend, or to implement control measures. Incumbent utilizes own initiative to improve guidance and direct epidemiological investigations and surveillance projects.
- General methodology and handling of procedures are at the discretion of the incumbent but should follow ERC process. Work is done within state and federal guidelines, recommendations, and budget limitations.
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.