The Corporate Director, Provider Informatics is responsible for planning and implementation of information systems, in the hospital-based and ambulatory clinical environments. This includes the development, implementation and coordination of the ElliE Physician Builder program.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree required.
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or Business preferred.
- Three (3) years of leadership experience required.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively with diverse personalities.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop recommendations/solutions.
- Demonstrates an excellent grasp of clinical workflows and technology needs.
- Experience with Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE), clinical research, and project management.
- Familiarity with Epic, Microsoft Office Suite and various business support applications.
- Organize and facilitate alignment between the Chief Medical Informatics and Innovation Officer (CMIIO), Leadership for Information Technology/Clinical Engineering (IT/CE), clinical and business leadership and Provider Informaticists to insure the delivery of reliable, high quality clinical care, emphasizing ease of use by clinical care Providers, using the Orlando Health Electronic Health Record (EMR).
- Champion and provide leadership for the implementation, advancement and optimization of all IT/CE related clinical systems in the appropriate clinical setting(s).
- Ensure clinical care platform design includes evidence-based care, the ability to leverage predictive analytics, tools to improve population health, and a design that promotes next generation customer experience.
- Lead the Physician Builder team as direct reports, as well as lead physicians and other clinicians in adoption of the system using multidisciplinary, matrixed resources.
Design and optimization
- Perform analysis of clinical workflows and provide recommendations for the automation of manual processes.
- Solicit and respond to user concerns about system functionality.
- Work cooperatively within Informatics and IT/CE to develop resolutions to issues in response to user requests and concerns.
- Function as a liaison to clinically focused committees and make recommendations for planning, development, and optimization of clinical systems.
- Provide at-the-elbow support on an as-needed basis.
- Review training curriculum and assist with implementation support planning.
- Participate in a multidisciplinary team to review and update order sets, decision support and other clinical content using evidence and best practice.
- Provide clinical leadership to multidisciplinary project teams created to address best practice in the most effective and efficient care of an identified problem or condition.
- Attend workgroups and committees, as needed. Interact with medical staff committees, executive committees and clinical leaders at various hospitals, as needed.
- Be responsible for general oversight of the clinical content management process as it relates to provider content and usability
- Responsible for clinical transformation and clinical change management. Serves as champion for ElliE in Orlando Health facilities; willing to communicate about it as needed.
- Communicate to Medical and clinical staff to ensure engagement in system design. Represent the Physician perspective, focusing of patient safety, usability and support of care coordination in ElliE.
- Resolve clinical issues as it relates to electronic health record tools.
- Participate in the Clinical Domain Workgroups to give updates and participate in collaborative Electronic Health Record guidance.
- Clinical content development, including CCRT participation/direction.
Other Related Functions
- Attend various meetings such as Medical Executive Committee meetings at the various hospitals, ElliE leadership, etc.
- Advise the CMIIO about issues and concerns related to ElliE.
ADDRESS: 65 Sturtevant St. (Thorsen Bldg.) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.