The Clinical Services Medical Director is a Senior Clinical Staff member who provides guidance for clinical operational aspects of the program(s). This person is responsible for oversight of clinical decision-making aspects of the program(s), has periodic consultation with practitioners in the field, and ensures the organizational objective to have qualified clinicians accountable to the organization for decision affecting consumers.
o Current, unrestricted clinical license(s)
o Board certification (if M.D. or D.O.)
o Qualifications to perform clinical oversight for the services provided.
o Post-graduate experience in direct patient care
o Conducts Peer to Peer clinical reviews as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the development of training materials for nurses and physicians.
- Oversee quality assurance of nurse and physician work product.
- Provide advice and counsel to the client as directed.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Reports to Senior Director or VP level.
- Part Time Worker Job Profile