Optimize.Health is leading the charge in how providers deliver remote care. Our next-generation Remote Patient Monitoring platform enables medical teams to provide safe, effective remote care that improves patient outcomes, lowers patient medical expenses, and generates new, much-needed revenue streams for healthcare providers of all sizes. As the market leader in physician-led remote patient monitoring, we help patients work together with their most trusted healthcare advocate, their existing physician, to achieve lasting health improvements and catch early warning signs before they escalate.
Led by top-tier investors from Silicon Valley and Boston, our Series A funding round is fueling a period of rapid growth that allows us to equip our global team with the resources needed to build the best Remote Patient Monitoring platform on the market.
About the role
As a care team member, you love building relationships with patients based on trust, utilizing motivational communication techniques and strategies, to help drive positive health behavior change and improved patient outcomes. This program is focused on positive reinforcement of lifestyle and health behavior changes. This is accomplished through collaborative planning sessions with patients to outline patient-centric goals and the development of associated action plans to improve their health and well-being.
Our ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of remote-patient monitoring (RPM) principles. A unique remote work opportunity, this role provides the chance to serve patients by proactively monitoring, educating, and coaching patients on a plan for better health. Early intervention through RPM, reduces risk for emergent care and/or hospital admission/re-admissions.
Encounters with patients will be performed via a desktop app that allows for remote monitoring of physiological markers like blood pressure/weight and audio-visual telehealth visits. The care team member will perform monitoring as well as synchronous and asynchronous communication with the patient within Optimize Health’s industry-leading platform.
Additionally, as an early member of the care team, this individual will have significant opportunity to provide feedback, increase their hours or shifts, and transition into full-time roles as opportunities arise.
- Significantly impact longitudinal patient engagement in RPM program(s)
- Provide preventive health and disease management education and coaching
- Schedule and perform regular audio-visual visits with assigned patients
- Document visit findings in software platform, including goals and actions
- Lead collaborative care planning sessions with the patients to define health goals
- Manage patient messaging and alerts
- Direct patients to treating physician for routine questions
- Escalate urgent care needs to patient’s physician; direct patient to 911/ER as appropriate for emergency medical assistance needs
- Registered Nurse with unrestricted RN license in California. Additional compact state license preferred but not required
- Three to five years of clinical experience, patient management, or disease management desired
- May consider an experienced LPN with unrestricted license in California with a strong clinical background and leadership skills
- Health Coach certification a plus
- Experience in patient engagement strategies
- Experience working with different provider practices and workflows
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Motivational Interviewing/Health Behavior Change experience a plus
- Experience with Medicare patients
- Experience performing virtual visits with patients and telephonic care management
- Interest in professional leadership growth and development opportunities with a growing organization
- Interest in operating in a new, exciting clinical program and become an integral player in the development of processes and best practices in caring for RPM patients
- Experience with EMRs
- Skilled in change management
- Desire and ability to work in a remote work environment within a fast paced culture.