Sentara Health Research Center provides scientific, administrative, and regulatory support for research conducted across Sentara Healthcare and in our communities.
Sentara Health Research Center strives to improve treatment options, medical technology and health equities with our dedicated team of experts and state-of-the-art technology.
Our research takes place inside and outside of the hospital. We also conduct research in our community and partner with many community practices. Our research helps to advance scientific understanding of diseases and advance knowledge that leads to better and more effective treatments that improve the health in our communities.
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of conducting clinical trials within Sentara Healthcare, both clinically and administratively.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of protocol requirements to ensure that studies are properly conducted in conformance with the protocol guidelines, departmental standards and good clinical practices as set forth by federal regulations.
- Conducts the clinical trial including recruitment, screening, enrollment, and follow-up of eligible subjects according to protocol requirements.
- Maintenance of accurate and complete documentation of related regulatory documents. As the primary resource for the protocols, will act as liaison between the investigators, the institutional review board (IRB), and the sponsor.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years Clinical Research or Clinical experience required, OR 5 years of clinical research or clinical experience as a certified clinical professional may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Specialty Certification CCRP, ACRP-CP or CCRC required within 3 years of employment, BLS required within 90 days.