The Inova Schar Cancer Institute is seeking a Full-Time Clinical Research Coordinator to join their team! Inova Schar Cancer Institute is a state-of-the-art cancer center in the Washington, DC, metro area designed to bring healing and hope to every patient. Inova Schar gives patients unmatched logistical, clinical, and emotional support. Our team of nationally renowned doctors, specialists, surgeons, genetic counselors, nurses, and caregivers are backed by the latest in drug discovery, clinical trials, research, and advanced treatments.
Together, we are dedicated to delivering the best quality cancer care, from diagnosis to survivorship.
As a Clinical Research Coordinator, you will adhere to GCP, FDA and Inova Health System guidelines when implementing research studies to ensure the highest quality of research and human subject protection within Inova from site selection to study closure. To help achieve our mission, you will coordinate financial aspects of study implementation and management from protocol feasibility through study closure, per Inova Research Center and Research department policies and guidelines. Your ability to communicate effectively and work in collaboration with the Research Team in order to meet research study and departmental objectives is required. Having respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines and departments is expected.
- Completes and submits all regulatory documents to IRB and study sponsor, as required, prior to any research activities being initiated.
- Collaborates with PI and/or supervisor to determine eligibility when appropriate. Maintains study enrollment as contracted with the sponsor.
- Distributes investigational drugs or assists other research personnel and non-research clinical staff with medication administration.
- Utilizes critical thinking to collect, analyze and evaluate all relevant information prior to taking action. Prioritizes tasks and activities appropriately. Communicates well with sponsors, study collaborators, and the IRC.
- Prepares and negotiates the study budget with the sponsor by reviewing necessary documents, including appropriate time, effort, and resource allocation needed for the study, in consultation with the PI and research manager/spoke lead.
- Maintains a working understanding of research billing and compliance policies and processes for investigational drugs and devices to ensure appropriate billing of the subject, third-party payers, and the research fund.
- Assists the IRC business office (BO) in identifying and reconciling research costs related to tests/procedures by flagging research subjects/visits appropriately and clearly listing research procedures/tests in the EMR, as per BO guidelines and policies.
- 2 years of healthcare experience plus one year of research OR 1 year of healthcare experience with a bachelor's degree a clinical research or related field.
- Bachelor's degree; proficiency in English