Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean, and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for review, investigation, and processing of clinical event referrals including case screenings through facilitating committee review in compliance with Florida Statute.
- Reports to the Manager of Peer Review any clinical referral that has the potential to give rise to an adverse or sentinel event per established protocol.
- Monitors analyze, and reports aggregated individual practitioner and department comparison clinical data for purposes of patient safety and accreditation requirements to the Peer Review Manager and assigned Medical Staff Department Chairpersons.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into the approved Peer Review database.
- Under the direction of the Peer Review Manager, performs individual practitioner Focus Reviews as requested by the Department Chairperson, CMO, Medical Staff Officers, or Service Line peer review committee.
- Validates peer review database entry and various report data ensuring completeness and accuracy on an ongoing basis to support patient safety organizational activities.
- Utilizes knowledge of AdventHealth’s Patient Safety Evaluation System and maintains confidentiality of Patient Safety Work Product in compliance with the AdventHealth Patient Safety Evaluation System.
- Performs other tasks and functions as assigned by Peer Review Manager and or Director.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree in Nursing
- Minimum three years of clinical experience in a hospital or ambulatory care setting
- Current valid State of Florida or multi-state license as a Registered Nurse
The Clinical Performance Improvement Coordinator (QAC) is a registered professional nurse who assists medical staff department leadership in facilitating the Peer Review Process. Responsibilities include assisting in the monitoring, collection, analysis, security, and reporting of all pertinent data findings related to physician and allied health professionals’ clinical performance as determined by the individual medical staff departments. The QAC identifies potential opportunities to improve patient outcomes, safety, and quality. The QAC understands and follows the Corporate Compliance policies and procedures and applies the rules and regulations of applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies to the peer review process, and has knowledge of AdventHealth”s Patient Safety Evaluation System. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations, and ordinances.