As a Clinic Manager at Fresenius Medical Care, you’ll manage the daily operations of our outpatient centers. More importantly, you’ll be the key driver in carrying out our mission: To deliver superior care that improves the quality of life of every patient, every day, setting the standard by which others in the health care industry are judged. This is accomplished by hiring, developing and inspiring a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with physicians, tracking and delivering superior patient outcomes and monitoring regulatory and safety requirements. Strong management skills are required and prior direct patient care experience is needed for occasions when the team needs a helping hand.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the operations of the clinic, including costs, processes, staffing, and quality standards.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development plans for all direct reports.
- Partners with internal Human Resources, Quality, and Technical Services departments.
- Collaborates with or functions as the Home Therapies Program Manager to oversee the facility’s Home Therapies Program.
- Maintains integrity of medical and operations records and complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Accountable for completion of the Annual Standing Order Review and Internal Classification of Disease (ICD) coding.
- Manages clinic financials including efficient utilization of supplies or equipment and regular profits and loss review.
- Responsible for all required network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate staff members, from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Ensure education of the patient regarding quality measures, transplant options, modality awareness, and access care.
- Acts as a resource for the patient and family to address concerns and questions.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care assessments and care plans.
- Manages timely patient schedules to ensure facility efficiency and develops action plans for missed treatments.
- Plans, coordinates, and validates patient eligibility for treatment.
- Reports changes in patient status regarding any clinical, insurance, or travel and transportation issues.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of new team members and ensures completion of new hiring orientation and mandatory trainings.
- Responsible for all patient care employees completing appropriate training courses and that licensures/certifications are current.
- Provides support for all clinical staff members at regular intervals and encourages professional growth.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding company benefits, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Completes employee evaluations and establishes annual goals.
- Documents any disciplinary actions and confers with the clinic Director of Operations and Human Resources when needed.
- Manages staff scheduling and payroll.
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges and compliance with Fresenius Medical Care Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Responsible for strong physician relationships and ensures regular and effective communication.
- Participates in Governing Body, an interdisciplinary team for each region including MSWs, Dietitians, MDs, DOs etc. that governs policies.
Education and Required Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (RN).
- Current appropriate state licensure.
Experience and Skills
- 6+ years business operations experience in a healthcare facility.
- 12 months experience in clinical nursing.
- 6 months chronic or acute dialysis nursing experience.
- Successfully pass the Ishihara Color Blind Test.
- Preferred but not required
- 3+ years supervisory or project/program management experience.
- Med/surg or ICU/CCU experience.