Fresenius Medical Care
As a Clinical Manager with Fresenius Medical Care, you will ensure that quality patient care is delivered while maintaining clinical operations. As the facility leader, you will be part of a close-knit, collaborative team responsible for delivering unique care plans and providing dialysis treatment to patients facing end stage renal disease or chronic kidney disease.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manages the operations of the clinic, including costs, processes, staffing, and quality standards.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development plans for all direct reports.
- Partners with internal Human Resources, Quality, and Technical Services departments.
- Collaborates with or functions as the Home Therapies Program Manager to oversee the facility’s Home Therapies Program.
- Maintains integrity of medical and operations records and complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Accountable for completion of the Annual Standing Order Review and Internal Classification of Disease (ICD) coding.
- Manages clinic financials including efficient utilization of supplies or equipment and regular profits and loss review.
- Responsible for all required network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate staff members, from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Ensure education of the patient regarding quality measures, transplant options, modality awareness, and access care.
- Acts as a resource for the patient and family to address concerns and questions.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care assessments and care plans.
- Manages timely patient schedules to ensure facility efficiency and develops action plans for missed treatments.
- Plans, coordinates, and validates patient eligibility for treatment.
- Reports changes in patient status regarding any clinical, insurance, or travel and transportation issues.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of new team members and ensures completion of new hiring orientation and mandatory trainings.
- Responsible for all patient care employees completing appropriate training courses and that licensures/certifications are current.
- Provides support for all clinical staff members at regular intervals and encourages professional growth.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding company benefits, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Completes employee evaluations and establishes annual goals.
- Documents any disciplinary actions and confers with the clinic Director of Operations and Human Resources when needed.
- Manages staff scheduling and payroll.
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges and compliance with Fresenius Medical Care Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Responsible for strong physician relationships and ensures regular and effective communication.
- Participates in Governing Body, an interdisciplinary team for each region including MSWs, Dietitians, MDs, DOs etc. that governs policies.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (RN).
- Current appropriate state licensure.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 6+ years business operations experience in a healthcare facility.
- 12 months experience in clinical nursing.
- 6 months chronic or acute dialysis nursing experience.
- Successfully pass the Ishihara Color Blind Test.
- Preferred but not required
- 3+ years supervisory or project/program management experience.
- Med/surg or ICU/CCU experience.