We are looking for an experienced Clinical Liaison to join our high calibre team at ClearView Healthcare Management in Louisville, KY.
Growing your career as a Full-Time Clinical Liaison is an incredible opportunity to develop excellent skills.
If you are strong in planning and persuasion and have the right experience for the job, then apply for the position of Clinical Liaison at ClearView Healthcare Management today!
Clinical Liaison (Full Time)
As the job title implies, a clinical liaison fosters the relationship between providers, families, patients, and the facilities providing their care. Clinical liaisons establish patient's eligibility for care, communicate with families, and interact with many staff members, from admission coordinators to case managers to physicians. The liaisons advocate for patients in a health care facility, beginning with the pre-admission process and following through with their release.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Clinical Liaison
- Conduct pre-admission assessments to gather clinical and financial documentation in order to provide a quick response to patient referrals from hospital case managers, physicians, and managed care organizations.
- Collaborate with discharge planners to prioritize referrals and identify patients for transition
- Encourage meaningful collaborations with hospital-based case managers on risk factors and care plans, expanding the concentration of marketing focus on external relationships development beyond bed availability.
- Educate hospital staff, including Emergency Room physicians, about nursing centers clinical capabilities and appropriate patients for return to skilled nursing facilities.
- Educate patients and family members regarding services offered by the skilled nursing facilities and address any concerns/questions prior to admission, as well as explain options of care available.
- Identify special needs such as equipment, medication, or services and ensure the facility can meet the patient's needs prior to admission.
- Work with nurse managers to ensure proper training and education is available for high-risk patients.
- Visit with patient and family members at the bedside to complete assessments for risk identification and initiation of the appropriate care plan.
- Maintain a working knowledge and adhere to applicable federal/state regulations, including, but not limited to, laws related to patient confidentiality, the release of information, and HIPPA.
- Interact in a manner that is professional, respectful, positive, customer-focused, and promotes trust.
- Verify health insurance eligibility and obtains benefits information.
- Reviews clinical documentation to ensure it supports the insurance requirements for approvals.
- Request pre-authorization for admission, including all the information required by the insurance, such as correct CPT and ICD 10 codes and supporting clinical documentation. Submits appeals when requests are denied, involving the provider when necessary.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, the providers, and the health insurance to assist patients in understanding their financial responsibilities.
- Identify new opportunities for growth partnering by promoting new service offerings, offering solutions for target populations, and providing a rationale for increased patient bedside access to complete risk assessment and initial care plan.
- Develops relationships within the community on behalf of the skilled nursing facilities.
- Schedule speaking engagements at community events.
- Works with the facility marketing and sales team to bring awareness of the facility's strengths and services to the community at large.
- Market local facilities Core Competitive Advantages
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer-service oriented.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry, specific to acute care and skilled nursing care.
- Must have excellent computer skills and knowledge of databases.
- Must have knowledge of electronic health records.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology and coding.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Clinical or nursing experience is a plus. Preferably experience in discharge planning, case management or utilization review.
- Familiarity with area hospitals, physicians, and other referral sources.