Curai is an early stage startup with a mission to build a virtual clinical practice using AI/ML to improve the quality and lower the cost and friction of high-quality health care. We are building our EHR from the ground up to meet the needs of our providers. Our platform is enhanced with AI approaches including Deep Learning, Probabilistic Graphical Models, and Knowledge Base construction, and borrowing methods from areas like natural language understanding, and computer vision. Curai currently has a small, but top-notch team that includes senior engineers, researchers, and leaders previously from companies like Google, Facebook, and Netflix. We also have research partnerships with leading universities in the country, and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space.
As a team we strive to stay curious, build a high-performance and inclusive work environment, and empower one another. These behaviors are reflected in our company values.
Medical informaticists at Curai have deep understanding of clinical processes, and share a passion to make a positive impact in the lives of millions of people.
In this role you will:
- Work on short-term projects with a direct impact in the product
- Work on longer-term research in collaboration with external research institutions.
An ideal candidate has:
- Physician (MD, DO), NP, PA
- Demonstrated experience working on projects implementing EHR features, clinical decision support, medical terminologies, health information systems, or other health-related applications
- Knowledge of standard medical terminologies such as ICD-10, SNOMED CT, UMLS, RxNorm
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Passion for improving clinical decision making and health care delivery
- 3+ years of clinical provider experience
- Excellent clinical knowledge and patient-provider communication skills in primary care or urgent care
- Masters, PhD, or fellowship training in medical informatics or a related-field
- Knowledge of standards for health information exchange, integration, sharing, and retrieval such as HL7/FHIR
- Experience in projects related to terminology development, natural language processing, machine learning
- Experience in software development or software implementation
- Computer science background
We offer competitive compensation, and the ability to leave your footprint in the early stages of a company that will change the world. We are located in Palo Alto, in the heart of the Silicon Valley, but are remote-friendly and willing to consider candidates in other locations.
Our interview process consists of a phone screen, followed by a series of team interviews, role-related coding on the whiteboard, and learning more about each other, our mission, product, culture, and goals. That said, we try to tailor our interview process to the candidates background and interests.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment at Curai.