The Clinical Documentation Medical Professional is responsible for facilitating improvement in the overall quality and completeness of the medical record documentation. The CDMP will provide support and expertise through a comprehensive assessment and review of inpatient medical records. The CDMP will facilitate accurate DRG assignment and obtain appropriate documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, patient caregivers, and health information management coding staff to ensure that reimbursement (reflecting the proper quality of care and appropriate reimbursement) is received for the level of services rendered to the patients.
- Foreign or domestic Medical School Graduate (license not required), OR
- Graduate from a Physician’s Assistant program, OR
- Graduate from a Registered Nurse Practitioner program is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of the population to be served is required
- Three (3) years of previous acute hospital inpatient coding experience is highly preferred
- M.D. or D.O.; ECFMG certification (preferred for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- Current PA or RNP license required, as appropriate
- A certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) highly preferred