All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
- Paid Days Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
- Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
The role you’ll contribute
The Clinical Documentation Manager serves the Advent Health Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) department for the great lake region (GLR). This role will oversee the review processes of complex patients that vary in age and have different developments in the acute and chronic disease states. Must have proven leadership and management skills that will promote effective and efficient review of physician documentation that supports the patient’s level of care and develop action plans for improvement. Must have knowledge and job experience in management of processes, system implementations, and project management.
The Regional Clinical Documentation Manager will report directly to the Regional Chief Nursing Executive and will work extensively with CDI teams, physicians, Chief Medical Officers and Chief Nursing Officers of the current 4 hospitals in the Great Lakes Region in a matrix relationship to coordinate the efficient review and documentation capture of the underlying conditions that are supported by the physicians’ secondary review of the patient record, upon request of the clinical documentation team members. The Regional Manager/Educator will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams including the physicians, midlevel’s, Quality Assurance, Revenue Integrity, Coding, Data Quality, Case Management, and HIM and all Advent Health System corporate departments, including but not limited to, Office of Clinical Effectiveness, and Information Technology.
Develops, assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates procedures and processes for the system, offers continuing education, process improvement, and change management. Is actively involved in future planning and strategic development for system CDI needs, to include policy development, program development, ongoing audits for the system level and campus level, and quality improvement efforts. Works under general supervision and utilizes critical thinking skills. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team
- Maintains knowledge of all federal, state, and local documentation guidelines and communicates changes to all CDI staff; extensive knowledge of I10 and coding guidelines.
- Collaborates with CDI Educator to develop, produce, and delivers training for CDI on an ongoing basis. This includes monthly New Hire CDI training, CDI Preceptor Program, and on an as needed basis for current employees in the CDI Department.
- Responsible for the hiring process for CDI departments. Completes performance evaluations timely and is involved in employee counseling, coaching and termination per policy. Provides orientation for new employees and ensures compliance with department policy and procedure. Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Oversees and assists the CDI Educator with audits for new CDI members during their 90 day probationary period. Presents written and verbal updates to the CDI Educator and the CDI Director. Ensures additional education is provided based on results of audit and provides input for the 90 Day Evaluation.
- Oversees and assists to ensure audits 10% of reconciled cases for each campus on a monthly basis for the following scorecards: CDI Campus, CDI System, and AHS-Corporate.
- Supports the hospitals’ quality operating systems by generating and analyzing data and reports to identify opportunities for continuous growth and improvement; provides feedback to site-based teams and administrators, develops and implements action plans when appropriate.
- Develops and monitors implementation of market departmental goals/objectives; oversees the performance improvement process for all acute care facilities within the west FL division.
- Monitors CDI computer applications and performs quarterly testing updates as needed (Iodine).
- Maintains CDI website by reviewing and updating content on a regular basis. This includes but is not limited to CDI regulatory information.
- Reviews and revises CDI Policies and Job Descriptions annually, or as needed.
- Identifies resources in the community and coordinates education opportunities for CDI staff including webinars and continuing education.
- Acts as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Clinical Documentation for Revenue Cycle related projects.
- Meets regularly with the acute care site and regional based Physician Advisor designee.
- Assist with regional budgets and operates within the budgetary targets; develops and implements site facility work plans; collaborates with all members of the health care team to ensure CDI success.
- Acts as a liaison between CDI leadership, staff members of the Revenue Cycle, other interdisciplinary team members at all applicable levels of leadership, and external partners. Communicates appropriately and effectively with all involved parties.
- Lead and support the facility and regional CDI teams at the 4 facilities in Great Lakes Region.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Education and Experience Required
- Nursing Degree (RN, BS, BSN, or advanced degree)
- Five years of acute clinical experience
- Experience in Clinical Documentation Improvement and Acute Care
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required
- Current valid State of Illinois or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
Education and Experience Required
- Master’s degree in Nursing Education or related health care related field
- Experience educating in a healthcare or Clinical Documentation Improvement setting
Licensure, Certification or Registration
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) accredited by HCPRO or Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist