Dignity Health Woodland Memorial Hospital is Yolo County’s largest health care provider, serving the community since 1905. Woodland Memorial Hospital is a 108-bed acute care facility offering the most comprehensive range of health care services in Yolo County, including inpatient and outpatient surgical services, family birth center/labor and delivery, emergency services, sleep disorders center and cancer care services. Woodland Memorial Hospital is part of Dignity Health. Dignity Health is a 21-state network of nearly 11,000 physicians, 56,000 employees, and more than 300 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging centers, home health, and primary care clinics. For more information, please visit our web site at www.dignityhealth.org/woodland.
- Works closely with hospital staff, department directors, and physicians to ensure that the highest standards of quality and service are maintained.
- Oversees the implementation of quality improvement efforts designed to improve clinical performance and maintain compliance with TJC, HIPAA, and other accreditation standards. Participates in development and implementation of quality initiatives including patient access and satisfaction, provider satisfaction, clinical outcomes and process improvement, and guideline development.
- Works within the service area network to identify and evaluate outstanding physicians and physician groups for participation in the provider network.
- Participates in strategic plan and business plan development including identification of strategic partners, growth and resource allocation.
- With the Director of Case Management, Executive and Medical Staff leadership the CMO provides input, reviews, recognizes trends/patterns of Physician utilization and communicates findings to the Utilization Management Committee and Medical Staff Committees. The CMO is responsible to be available for rounds and daily case management and utilization review activities as needed to actively manage avoidable days and improve efficiency of consultations, test, surgery scheduling, physician weekend efficiency, last minute discharges and over/under utilization. The CMO will be responsible for attending formal training from ACPE, etc. to stay current on cost and quality measures. The CMO is responsible for communicating with fellow physicians and the Utilization Management Committee to resolve patient management issues.
- Medical degree or DO degree with an active medical license.
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience in specialty.
- Minimum of five years (5) of management experience in health care.
- Current, active, unrestricted license to practice medicine in at least one US state or territory and prior (or current) Board Certification in a specialty are required.
- If the physician is clinically active, a current, active, unrestricted license to practice medicine must be in the state where the assigned facility operates and the Board Certification must be current.