Prime Healthcare stands apart from others by its unique ability to save and transform hospitals. We have been named the “fastest-growing hospital system” in the country by Modern Healthcare. And as we continue to grow and fulfill our mission of “saving hospitals, saving jobs, and saving lives,” we remain committed to delivering exceptional care and creating a legacy that will improve healthcare.
Prime Healthcare and the not-for-profit Prime Healthcare Foundation employ nearly 50,000 employees and physicians and own and operate 45 acute care hospitals in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Texas.
If you wish to contribute to the Prime Healthcare legacy within a Chief Executive capacity for a hospital within our family of acute care hospitals (or one of our future hospitals), then join our executive leadership network to begin exploring immediate and future opportunities.
Responsible for the overall strategic leadership, planning, development, direction, coordination and control of activity within patient care, clinical and clinical support service areas. Works collaboratively with leaders and staff to ensure that quality patient care is delivered in a cost-effective manner.
Furthermore, a Chief Executive Officer at one of our hospitals accomplishes the following:
- Provides executive leadership within the organization.
- Ensures case management program and supports the delivery of patient care according to mission, vision, and values.
- Ensures that the program demonstrates high-quality outcomes and cost-effective utilization of resources.
- Responsible for ensuring overall hospital compliance with regulatory bodies, i.e., accreditation standards, patient Rights, Regulating Agencies, etc.
- Coordinates ongoing accreditation preparation.
- Participates with leaders from the Governing Board, management, medical staff, and clinical areas in the hospital’s decision-making structures and process.
- Responsible for implementing an effective and ongoing program to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and appropriateness of care delivered to patients.
- Ensures comprehensive continuous and ongoing monitoring to assure the delivery of quality patient care is in place.
- Participates in performance improvement committees and teams. Ensures follow-up of identified areas for improvement.
- Ensures that nursing standards of patient care and standards of nursing practice are consistent with current nursing research findings and nationally recognized professional standards.
- Responsible for Human Resource Management and development including staff education.
- Acts as an advocate for the culture of learning.
- Serves as a mentor to management staff
- Participates with hospital leaders in providing a sufficient number of appropriately qualified staff members to care for patients.
- Actively participates in hospital, medical staff, and community meetings as appropriate
- Maintains a positive working relationship with Medical Staff.
- Contributes to the overall profitability of the hospital through efficient operational and budget strategies.
- Implements strategies designed to reduce operational costs while maintaining quality patient care.
- Participates in the development of operating budgets. Performs ongoing budget compliance review.
- Actively participates in the development of hospital-wide strategic and long-range plans.
- Ensures that plans are in concert with the hospital's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Responsible for handling issue that directly impacts patient care.
- Responds timely to all issues impacting the provision of patient care.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Administration or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsibility in Healthcare Administration
- Proficiency in computer operations including word processing
- Demonstrates community commitment
- Ability to lead at all levels of management
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must obtain Sexual Harassment Certification within 6 months, and then maintain biennially.