The Center Medical Director is a part time opportunity. The role performs medical histories and physical examinations for applicant and qualified donors; assesses results of donor screening and laboratory tests to determine initial and continuing donor suitability. Examinations include but are not limited to eyes, ears, nose, throat, chest, abdomen, extremities, and the neurologic system. When dictated by SOP requirements it is the Center Medical Directors responsibility to re-take and evaluate donors vital signs manually or as needed. Medical histories include concurrent documentation of all comments and completion of forms. Donor flow of approximately three to four per hour.
- Conducts confidential and effective interviews with potential / repeat donors to allow for self exclusion, provide necessary information. Explains informed consent material to donor. Explains and discusses procedures and hazards of plasmapheresis, AIDS information, testing and immunization programs.
- Reviews donor record files and SPE results, including abnormal trends, as required to indicate acceptance or rejection for continuation in program. Monitors donor immunization clinical response.
- At all times, adheres to and administers ADMA policies and procedures as detailed in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintains current knowledge of infectious disease markers (for HIV, HBV, HCV,syphilis, etc.). Provides donors with information on testing for infectious diseases prior to donation and counsels donors following positive or negative test results..
- Identifies and properly treats donor reactions to plasmapheresis and immunizations; demonstrates good judgment in medical situations; follows SOP guidelines regarding review of all adverse events.
- While functioning in the capacity of Center Medical Director, shall NOT diagnose for the purpose of treatment or prescribe medications for medical conditions outside the scope of the ADMA SOP guidelines.
- Administers or supervises immunization programs. Documents applicable forms and is on premises when red cell immunizations are given, if appicable. Will serve as Laboratory Director (with appropriate qualifications) and/or investigator for IND studies. Lab director duties to include, but are not limited to, participation in proficiency testing and oversight of staff performing CLIA associated duties.
- Functions as a member of the Plasma Center management team which monitors and reviews employee performance of donor screening and plasma collection procedures and facility and equipment problems.
- Participates in employee safety, education, and training programs.
- Serves as a functional supervisor for all Physician Substitutes and Medical Supervisors, which includes training, continuing education on pertinent plasmapheresis topics, one-on-one meetings and checking their work products.
- Establishes a professional, cooperative and effective working relationships with all levels of ADMA staff in addition to internal and external auditors / inspectors. Available for consultation on or off site during center production hours.
- Serves as a member of the Quality Assurance Team to meet CLIA requirements for physician oversight.
- Maintains current and active medical license. Acquires continuing medical education credits.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to personnel, donor, and center records reviewed.
Requires a MD or DO degree from an accredited medical or osteopathic school and maintenance of a current and active medical license in the state in which the Center is located. Maintains CPR certification as required. Familiarity with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and all procedures in the ADMA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
No previous plasmapheresis experience required. Specialized training in subjects such as laboratory testing, biohazard safety and infection control useful.
*Must be available to work a minimum of five hours on site weekly.
ADMA BioCenters, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
ADMA BioCenters is an Equal Opportunity Employer