At Health Science Communications we share a genius for translating scientific promise into clinical reality. In fact, we’ve built our business on it! We continue to grow and lead our field by providing scientific strategy, medical education, and multichannel peer-to-peer initiatives to maximize the value of our clients’ brands with the utmost scientific integrity.
Come join our team of medical, marketing, creative, and digital experts as we continue to catalyze the science, meaningfully engage with our audiences, and strategically partner with some of the most exciting companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and device industries.
We are seeking an Associate Medical Director to join our Medical & Scientific Services team and contribute to the development, execution and delivery of multiple medical communication projects [in Promotional, Medical Affairs, Publications, Digital, other]. The Associate Director will assist in managing client relationships, ensuring that the scientific needs of the account are being met with strategic focus, scientific rigor and accuracy, and clinical relevance. The Associate Director will also assist in developing Associate scientific team members.
- Lead and develop content, including data analysis, for a range of complex projects.
- Develop understanding of project budgeting, including forecasting and staffing tools, to deliver complex scientific materials within budget
Strategic Perspective and Guidance
- Incorporate strategic concepts into projects independently and accurately.
- Drive and contribute to client strategies
Client Engagement and Influence
- Independently lead written and verbal client communications
- Build and manage collaborative relationships with clients
- Participate and lead off-site and remote meetings
Team Engagement and Influence
- Assist other Associate Directors and team members with project prioritization
- Identify and communicate important updates and medical-regulatory milestones to team and recommend new business opportunities
- Lead internal training sessions as appropriate
- Develop understanding of agency capabilities and identify opportunities to cross-sell scientific services
- An advanced scientific degree (PhD, MD, PharmD) with 3 to 5 years of experience in a Medical Communications agency setting
- Strong therapeutic category knowledge and experience, especially (cite one or more categories)
- Experience working directly with pharmaceutical clients
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data and provide strategic/scientific direction to clients
- Proficiency organizing teams and managing projects
- Strong self-motivation and enthusiasm with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly detail-oriented environment
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical standards, compliance, and regulations
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, including strong proficiency in related technologies (Microsoft applications, Internet research platforms, etc)
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (provide expected travel frequency if appropriate)
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and mentoring opportunities through programs such as Omnicom University, led by international influencers and Harvard Business School professors
- Retail and entertainment discounts and benefits available
- A rewarding workplace and a fun team environment