About This Role: The Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting Tysabri brand priorities and tactics, including initiating and maintaining relationships with thought leaders (in collaboration with Medical Science Liaison, MSLs), support of research projects within priority areas in support of clinical and scientific strategy, and presentation of key scientific results.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and manage a thought leader network (with the MSLs) to support the successful execution of Medical Affairs tactics.
- Support the development of short- and long-term goals of Medical Affairs with respect to prioritization of research interests and prioritization of desired collaborations with specific investigators and institutions.
- Participate in the Scientific and Clinical study review process, protocol review and revision, and facilitate the development of an approved clinical trial protocol and the associated contractual documents.
- Facilitate communications between Biogen and the Study Investigators and oversee the publication of the clinical trial results both at scientific meetings and in peer reviewed journals.
- These responsibilities will require him/her to interact with other departments including commercial, clinical, safety, legal and regulatory.
- Represent Biogen at various scientific meetings.
- This position reports to the Medical Director, TYS lead, US Medical Affairs. Frequent travel (approximately 25%) is anticipated.
- Minimum of 3 years of combined pharmaceutical industry and academic/clinical medicine expertise is required.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific medical and regulatory information. Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative.
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to change while maintaining the momentum of an overall strategic plan, ability to work independently, to complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Strong background in ethical evaluation of clinical research projects, and proven ability to conduct medical and scientific analysis and decision-making.
- Ability to communicate well with health care professionals.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with peer groups, professional organizations, and other outside parties to further departmental and corporate objectives & goals.
- Experience with Neurology Key Medical Experts is required.
- Advanced Degree required – MD, PhD, PharmD, DNP or equivalent
- US Board certified or Board eligible in Neurology, active medical license in the US, Fellowship trained, or equivalent qualification preferred
- Experience in Neurology is required; MS experience is strongly preferred