Queen's Health System
- Organizes and develops outstanding clinical programs related to ambulatory telehealth and remote patient monitoring at the Queen’s Health Systems, in coordination with the Telemedicine Department and Medical Director of Telehealth.
- Fosters communication and teamwork among all internal and external constituencies
- Cooperates with the Medical Director of Telehealth and Chief Information Officer to plan, direct, and implement ambulatory telehealth programs across the Health System.
- Provides administrative direction and responsibility for ambulatory telehealth services. This includes:
- Assuring high quality patient care services through telehealth by working with providers and clinic staff to implement technologies and work flows that optimize the patient and provider experience.
- Developing clinical work flows for both staff and providers to improve the efficiency of ambulatory telehealth within the clinics.
- Strategizing methods to facilitate timely scheduling, documentation and proper billing of ambulatory telehealth visits.
- Overseeing implementation of remote patient monitoring services within the Health System clinics.
- Establishing patient-initiated, ad hoc telehealth visits for virtual urgent care by implementing new technologies and work flows.
- Evaluating capital budget requirements, selection of equipment and space, and appropriate staffing for ambulatory telehealth.
- Coordinating with providers and staff to provide the best patient and family experience with telehealth.
- Works with the Medical Director of Telehealth to insure that providers comply with the Health System policies and procedures, corporate compliance standards of conduct, and all applicable statutes, rules and regulations related to telehealth.
- Collaborates with clinic managers and medical directors of relevant ambulatory sites to facilitate and develop new telehealth programs to improve and broaden community outpatient services.
- To ensure continued excellence in clinical skills and to foster clinical excellence, the Associate Medical Director of Ambulatory Telehealth will continue in the active practice of medicine, and will generally be readily available as a resource to members of the Medical Staff.
- Ensures that the quality of care provided by members of the Medical Staff meets or exceeds applicable telehealth standards and benchmarks and distinguishes the Health System as a leader in high quality medical care related.
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Director of Telehealth, clinic managers, clinic medical directors, and others to oversee continuing surveillance of the quality of patient care and professional performance related to ambulatory telehealth.
- Assures that resources utilized for ambulatory telehealth and remote patient monitoring are clinically effective and cost-efficient.
- Works collaboratively with appropriate clinic managers and medical directors to provide cost efficient care.
- Devises standardized cost-effective programs for the delivery of telehealth and remote patient monitoring services.
- Actively participates in local, state, and nationally recognized telehealth organizations in order to enhance the image and influence of the Health System and its providers.
- Works with government and third party payers to ensure that telehealth services are appropriately valued and reimbursed, as necessary.
- Participates as necessary in responding to the local and national media regarding issues being overseen.
- Works with external vendors to support telehealth programs and other contracted services.
- Participates as a role model in clinical research and quality improvement studies.
- Presents findings from research and quality improvement activities at the Health System and at nationally recognized meetings/forums, as appropriate.
- Publishes results from research activities in medical journals, as appropriate
- Works to establish the quality, safety, and value of telehealth services.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or EC FMG certification.
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Hawaii.
- Board certified in a Medical or Surgical specialty in the United States.
- During the period of employment, shall be and remain a member of the QMC medical staff in good standing with appropriate privileges without restriction.
- Qualified for an appointment on the faculty of the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine.