Humana’s Primary Care Organization is one of the largest and fastest-growing value-based care, senior-focused primary care providers in the country, operating over 175 centers across eight states under two brands: CenterWell & Conviva. Operating as a payor-agnostic, wholly-owned subsidiary of Humana, our centers put the unique needs of seniors at the center of everything we do. Our Clinics offer a team-based care model where our physicians lead a multi-disciplinary care team supporting patient's physical, emotional, and social wellness.
At Conviva Care Solutions, we want to help those in the communities we serve, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates in becoming happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspectives, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. Our culture is focused on teamwork and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all.
The Associate Medical Director has similar job duties as a Physician, namely focusing on outpatient medicine, continuity of care, health maintenance, and disease prevention. The Associate Medical Director serves as a healthcare professional and is capable of handling a variety of health-related problems.
The Associate Medical Director will spend 20% of their time clinically focused on direct patient care, with the remaining time dedicated to administrative duties related to oversight of the clinical provision of care in their area.
- Requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across multiple clinics/centers.
- Supervise/manage assigned clinicians designated to market.
- Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within clinics/centers.
- Clinician’s PTO management in collaboration with Center administrator, including holiday schedules and as determined by the organization.
- Management of CME time and reimbursement requests.
- Service recovery reports (Patient complaints).
- Guidance to individual clinicians about patient terminations in collaboration with compliance.
- Manage behavioral concerns pertaining to assigned clinicians.
- Provide support to on-site clinicians with logjams and workflow issues.
- Oversight of provider quality and development of workflows to help close gaps in quality.
- Schedule at least one-half day at the clinic site for an onsite visit per week.
- Support clinicians with schedule templates, coverage, and daily issues.
- Assist with panel management.
- Oversight of quality of assigned team members.
- Meet with Regional CAs and other AMD at least monthly.
- May be assigned to organizational committees as needed to attend and represent the clinical perspective of the market.
- Assist in Ongoing Chart Review monitoring.
- Assist with recruitment and interviewing as requested.
- In collaboration with RMD, complete performance reviews as required.
- Participate as backup on a call.
- Assist in organizing team-building activities.
- Maintain regular clinic hours for a percentage of FTE as determined by Regional Medical Director, as detailed on the clinical job description.
- Serve as a community representative for CenterWell in media and press activities.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Board Eligible or Board-certified in Geriatric Medicine, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS) is also recognized by our organization
- The valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment
- Experience leading clinical practice operations
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value-based care setting
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
- This role is considered patient-facing and is part of our Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- A minimum of three to five years of directly applicable experience preferred
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with an understanding of Best Practices in a coordinated care environment in a value-based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators
- Guaranteed base salary + bi-annual bonus
- Excellent benefits package – health insurance effective on your first day of employment
- CME Allowance/Time
- Occurrence Malpractice Insurance
- Relocation and sign-on bonus options
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Minimal call
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their homes. We are a healthcare company committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to
- Provide proof of full vaccination or commit to testing protocols OR
- Provide proof of applicable exemption, including any required supporting documentation
Medical, religious, state, and remote-only work exemptions are available.