Sketchy is an online visual learning platform that helps students effortlessly learn and recall information through a blend of art, story, spaced repetition and memory palace techniques. Sketchy was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, as they realized that the same learning methodologies can be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premiere learning destination for Medical School students around the world, currently serving over 30,000 active users (or a third of the total 89,000 medical students in the United States) and an alumni base of 100,000+ students. Sketchy is creating the most engaging and effective educational service for students of higher education everywhere by combining visual storytelling with interactive learning tools that together dramatically enhance recall and knowledge acquisition.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Surfline, Food52 and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning.)
We are looking for an Associate Creative Director who is a motivated creative leader to spearhead the development of new highly engaging visual learning content for clinical studies. This role provides a unique opportunity to join a team of passionate and dedicated content creators and make a positive impact on the education of future healthcare providers.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: Texas, California, New York, Hawaii, Illinois, Colorado, Massachusetts, Washington, and Washington, D.C.
- Script and Visual Development
- Lead writing room in guiding Content Producers in the development of story narrative and visual symbols to represent scientific information with the voice and personality that is the Sketchy brand.
- Ensure the development of cohesive stories with storylines that align with the defined broader themes for course content.
- Follow best practices and guidelines to create memorable symbols, emphasizing the most important concepts for students.
- Deliver rough sketch and scene framework to art director and/or lead art resource to use in development of art work.
- Asset Development
- Provide guidance for both the Art Director and associated artists in the development of layered art files that execute on the narrative scripts.
- Oversee the creative delivery of all audio/voice-over recordings to deliver on the creative vision for each lesson.
- Work with the Post-Production team, both in-house and external, in the assembly, finishing and packaging of all video and interactive content.
- Responsible for timely delivery of high quality story and symbol concepts as well as all finished and packaged learning content within their designated curriculum pod.
- Iterative Improvement
- Work with Chief Creative Officer and Head of Creative to continuously improve upon in house storytelling, narrative development, and best practices around creating memory palaces and scenes that are easy to remember and stick.
- Review editorial student feedback that is related to voice, narrative, humor, story, and how memorable content is and lead incremental changes to improve creative content.
- Identify what information is best served as represented by symbols, by voice, and by medical illustration or other form of content.
- 4+ years experience in a creative development role including writing, editing and/or producing content relevant to your role
- Strong administrative skills and able to effectively manage people through influence.
- Able to multitask and manage a complex development schedule.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Ability to collaborate with team members while coordinating with remote employees.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about learning and making a positive impact on the world
- BA or similar degree in a related field, MD/DO and/or PhD preferred but not required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture
- Generous PTO package with floating holidays
- Fun team events (Monthly and virtual for now)
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more
SketchyGroup LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.