Southampton Hospital, now known as Stony Brook Southampton Hospital, is a member of the Stony Brook Medicine healthcare system, combining the best of academic and community medicine. Located in the heart of the village of Southampton, two hours from New York City, it provides healthcare services to an ethnically and socio-economically diverse population of year round residents, second homeowners and vacationers.
- Conducts registration and/or pre-registration according to department policy and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of current insurance regulations and handles administrative support functions related to all departments under the Patient Access division.
- Collaborates with nursing staff, non-clinical staff and other professional staff to assist in an efficacious process flow and to ensure adherence to regulatory and/or contractual mandates.
- Position is located in the Hospital but must be flexible to work at the Hospital and Off-site facilities.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree in business or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in Revenue Cycle, Health Care and/or Medical Field required.
- Basic office skills and computer keyboarding skills required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and multitasking skills.
- Quantative and analytical skills.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.