About the Role
MedSchoolCoach is currently seeking a full-time, dedicated education professional to join our advising team and make a significant impact on the lives of pre-med students. We're searching for an ideal candidate with prior experience working with pre-health students, as well as admissions committee experience at the undergraduate or graduate level.
As part of your role, you will work closely with our Director of Advising to oversee the team of physician advisors and their work with students. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with our student success team to ensure that both parents and students' expectations are met.
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Work alongside our Director of Advising to oversee advising department
- Evaluate and create additional processes of a growing advising team
- Develop and enhance physician advisor recruitment process
- Manage orientation and onboarding of new physician advisors
- Paring new clients with physician advisors by tracking advisors availability and preferences
- Partnering with Student Success team to address urgent advisor/client issues
- Collect, compile and present assessment and statistical data on student satisfaction, applications, acceptances, and final school choices
Looking For People Who Have
- Master's Degree and a minimum of three-five (3-5) years of providing direct student support in higher education
- Experience with academic programming coordination in a higher education setting
- Prior experience with pre-medical advising
- Understanding of pre-medical curriculum and medical related graduate school admissions process
- Ability to utilize technology to promote access, efficiency and effectiveness of programs and services offered by MedSchoolCoach
- Ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
MedSchoolCoach is a rapidly growing EdTech company that serves the needs of future physicians by providing the highest quality content, tutoring, and advising services. Physician-led and founded, MedSchoolCoach is driven by its mission to help shape the future of medicine. Over time, the organization has become one of the largest players in the medical space, reaching nearly 50% of prospective medical students every year through one of our products or services.
As an organization, MedSchoolCoach stays true to its humble roots while continuing to scale adding more products and services on a continuing basis. MedSchoolCoach was recently named to Inc Magazine’s Inc 5000 list with an overall ranking of 953 and was designated as the 17th fastest growing education company in the United States. We are grounded in our desire to offer prospective doctors with the tools they need to succeed while providing an exceptional learning and mentoring experience. Our vision is to create the most engaging and effective EdTech platform supported by world class physicians and educators for students from all walks of life.
Working for MedSchoolCoach
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, educators, tutors, advisors, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At MedSchoolCoach, we value problem solvers who take initiative, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally. We welcome all employee contributions in whatever shape or form they manifest, especially as our organization continues to grow.
Compensation and Benefits
- competitive compensation w/ significant growth potential
- open PTO policy
- insurance benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, disability
- 401(k) with company match
- fun team events (virtual and, eventually, in person)
- flexible schedule—we expect greatness, but will not micromanage your day