USA Health is Transforming Medicine along the Gulf Coast to care for the unique needs of our community.
USA Health is changing how medical care, education and research impact the health of people who live in Mobile and the surrounding area. Our team of doctors, advanced care providers, nurses, therapists and researchers provide the region's most advanced medicine at multiple facilities, campuses, clinics and classrooms. We offer patients convenient access to innovative treatments and advancements that improve the health and overall wellbeing of our community.
- The Assistant Administrator of Clinical Services provides strategic direction, clinical excellence, operational oversight, implementation, and overall fiscal management for support functions within USA Health System, (USAHS) which includes, but not limited to: Radiology, Pharmacy, and Respiratory Therapy; plans, develops, and maintains programs to achieve the mission, vision and values as it relates to clinical services for Radiology, Pharmacy and Respiratory Therapy of the USA Health System (USAHS).
- Maintains budget to include monitoring to sustain the economic health and well-being of assigned departments.
- Understands evidence-based practice and clinical standards within areas of responsibility; ensures patient safety in all aspects of care.
- Collaborates with team members to develop performance improvement and quality metrics for areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for patient/family centered approach to care within areas of responsibility; directs and delegates appropriate responsibilities to department heads in a manner that best achieves timely results; establishes formal means of accountability for assigned departments and managers.
- Promotes effective communication among professional and support staff; promotes the USAHS interests among all segments of the community; reviews and acts on reports and recommendations of agencies impacting the institution.
- Directs development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures; follows appropriate personnel policies as it relates to hiring, orienting, mentoring, promoting and terminating employees.
- Ensures compliance with inspection and accreditation agencies as well as applicable laws and regulations; represents USAHS in its relationship with other agencies, organizations, groups, and third party payers; maintains knowledge of health care finance, reimbursement, and compliance.
- Develops plans, expectations, and processes to measure, assess and improve cost, quality, access, and patient experience; assists in selecting, training, mentoring USAHS staff for additional leadership opportunities and sustainment; develops, manages, and measures strategic, transformation, integration, and operational plans; builds, manages, measures, and maintains a USAHS corporate strategic plan.
- Feed strategic planning requirements into the USAHS budget cycle; works with USAHS leaders to develop standardized processes and procedures where applicable;
- Supports USAHS leadership initiatives to transform current system into seamless cost-effective delivery system; supports USAHS leadership initiatives to incorporate physician leaders into the decision-making process; supports USAHS leadership and clinical department chairs in movement toward performance of value-based care; supports USAHS leadership by managing the plans and process for special projects as assigned; ensures USAHS strategic and operational plans supports implementation of the Regional Care Organization.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and measures performance for logically grouped services that best operate as a support service; provides administrative leadership to chosen service areas; develops and utilizes management dashboards for measurement, assessment and performance improvement; benchmarks performance against regional and national cost, quality, access, and patient experience measures.
- Ensures value is maintained in a manner that meets patient and payer expectations and achieves a positive margin; pursues national recognition credentials for assigned service areas; performs site-specific administrative, leadership and special project duties.
- Takes administrator on call duty as assigned; takes leadership or participation role on special projects as assigned; regular and prompt attendance; ability to work schedule as defined and additional hours as required; related duties as required.
- Promotes teamwork among physicians and personnel system wide; demonstrates knowledge of the organization's scope and complexity and the position's authority and responsibility; knowledgeable of the major patient populations served by the health system and the scope and complexity of their clinical needs; possesses, or demonstrates evidence of obtaining the educational and experiential requirements equivalent to leadership peers.
- Pursues programs of continuing education, including professional meetings, educational conferences, and other courses of study that will update and maintain knowledge and skills related to health system administration; participates in regular hospital and unit rounding including evening, night, and weekends to assure management objectives and patient care needs are met; regular and prompt attendance; ability to work schedule as defined and overtime as required; related duties as required.
- Master's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, nursing administration or related field from an accredited institution as approved and accepted by the University of South Alabama and five (5) years of clinical leadership within support services served by this position
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, nursing administration or related field from an accredited institution as approved and accepted by the University of South Alabama and eight (8) years of clinical leadership within support services served by this position Successful track record working with Joint Commission and/or NCQA compliance standards preferred.