SketchyMedical (www.sketchymedical.com) is looking for dynamic, creative science educators to help us expand our pool of technology-enhanced, interactive assessment items. As an Assessment Item Writer, you’ll work as part of our Medical Content Team, producing high-quality question items to accompany our basic science preclinical course content and enhance the learning experience for medical students. This independent contractor role provides a unique opportunity to join a team of passionate and dedicated content creators and make a positive impact on the education of future healthcare providers.
- Write original multiple choice format assessment items with comprehensive explanations for SketchyMedical’s Quiz item pool
- Review and update content with attention to style, accuracy, clarity, consistency, educational value, and overall adherence to principles of good question item construction
- Collaborate with our art and production teams to create images and figures highlighting high-yield basic science concepts
- Revise written items based on feedback received from our editors and subject matter experts
- Write, self-edit, and submit for review a minimum of five (5) high-quality assessment items per week
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biological/Biomedical Sciences (or closely related). M.D., D.O., or Ph.D. preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: tutoring or teaching biological/biomedical sciences, academic writing, and/or educational research
- Prior experience writing biological/biomedical sciences assessment items at college level or higher
- High performance on the USMLE® Step 1 examination preferred
- Strong knowledge in the basic sciences preclinical curriculum including microbiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, physiology, and/or pathology
- Ability to teach complex basic science medical concepts
- Exceptional writing, editorial, and research skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Must demonstrate acute attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines
- Ability to learn new techniques, skills, and tools on the job
- Ability to work remotely in a collaborative team environment, while maintaining communication and a steady workflow
- Ability to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Must work well independently and be able to adapt to unexpected shifts in priorities
If interested, please send us your resume and a cover letter to tell us why you’re the right fit for us and vice versa. Please indicate in your application or cover letter your USMLE® Step 1 score. We look forward to meeting you!
Sketchy Medical is a leading education company in the online medical education field. Created by medical students and doctors who want to change the way the health sciences are taught, our company taps into the power of visual memory and creates engaging content that allows students to learn more efficiently.
We’ve had significant success connecting with students from hundreds of Medical Schools around the world, currently serving over 100,000 users in our online learning community. We are constantly researching and implementing innovative projects that turn textbook learning into an engaging interactive experience.