Founded in 1982, MBI Industrial Medicine, Inc. is an Arizona based company operating five full service facilities staffed with medical professionals who provide the full spectrum of Occupational Injury Care and Occupational Medicine for employers and their employees and is currently looking for Medical Providers; M.D. and D.O. to join their team!
Area Medical Director Job Summary:
- AMD will oversee an area that may be comprised of a combination of centers and worksites.
- Direct reports are Center Medical Directors in assigned areas.
- Indirect reports are all Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, Medical Assistants and X-ray Techs in assigned area.
- Analyzes business results for the area and identifies opportunities. Leverages business intelligence, data, insights, and other research to drive differential value and expand MBI/OUCH competitive capability.
- Introduces or develops new ideas and processes to improve performance and productivity. Works in partnership with other departments to provide clinical services and to support their programs, as needed.
- Manages area staffing and personnel costs.
- Uses performance management tools to develop colleagues and improve colleague engagement.
- Sources, recruits, and hires top talent.
- Networks externally and builds a strong internal bench to support growth.
- Implements a retention strategy rooted in reward, recognition, empowerment, and engagement.
- Provides access to training and incentive plan information (where applicable) to enable colleague performance.
- Fosters a “Community of Practice” through peer-based learning and interaction with clinical colleagues.
- Communicates clear direction and expectations for performance.
- Follows HIIPAA guidelines and safety rules as outlined in training received.
- Consistently recognizes individual and team performance.
- Follows up on training plans for colleagues.
- Establishes roll-out strategies and colleague training for all staff, and those affected by new updated initiatives.Summary:
Working in coordination with other members of the leadership team, the AMD shall deliver the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner.
The AMD delivers area clinical guidance and medical management services to MBI/OUCH patients and customers, while maintaining connectedness with the overall business strategy. Additionally, the AMD ensures that clinical operations are in alignment with the company’s strategic objectives, leverages talent and resources, and champions a collaborative and integrative work ethic.
Leadership that combines broad vision with a critical eye for internal operations and quality assurance is a requirement for our high performing areas. The AMD contributes to the success of MBI/OUCH business strategy by providing deep subject matter expertise as appropriate, formulating and executing the clinical innovation strategy, driving for exceptional results, inspiring managers and colleagues, and shaping the company’s future.
- Provides Center’s clinical and quality oversight for assigned Centers.
- Assesses strengths and developmental opportunities of an area’s teams, and provides medical expertise to drive for exceptional results.
- As a market leader, is instrumental in the development of all area colleagues in collaboration with marketing team.
Patient Care/Customer Experience/Quality:
- Provides patient care of highest clinical quality with excellent patient experience. Oversees patient and staff safety with respect to clinical operations and care. Directs effort to make improvements in clinical quality and safety at the center and area levels.
- Provides clinical support and quality oversight as needed for area worksites.
- Assures quality clinical decision-making and adherence to our medical model, clinical protocols, policies, and procedures. Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
- Manages documentation and coding audit processes to prevent gaps and ensure documentation, coding, and care received meets expected standards. Utilizes clinical data and research to assure efficient utilization of medical resources, enhance consumer engagement, and improves outcomes. Determines and documents the efficacy of clinical programs; recommends pertinent modifications to the program, as necessary; customizes, adjusts, or modifies procedures, as needed, within established guidelines.
Growth and Financial Analysis:
- Works with Marketing, CAs, and Center Medical Directors to assess area business opportunities that exist with our current employers. Develops strong relationships with key area clients to ensure optimal customer service and client engagement. Acts strategically; has vision, anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Provides planning input for center acquisitions, relocations, and renovations, and ensures that capital expenditures deliver appropriate return on investment.
- Develops action plans to address any gaps in financial performance and growth. Analyzes financial reports and communicates market needs and solutions to Governing Board members.80% of the time AMD will be in clinics/sites, treating patients, coaching and mentoring clinicians regarding medical model, outcomes, business metrics, patient/client satisfaction, center management, etc.