Adult Central Campus is a dynamic entity within the Detroit Medical Center, comprised of:
- Harper University Hospital - One of the most technologically advanced hospitals in the nation with fully implemented Electronic Medical Records, 100% medication scanning, and advanced robotic surgery technology. • DMC Hutzel Women's Hospital - Michigan's first and only hospital for women, serving as the destination for worm's care since 1868 and ranked on the US News & World Report "America's Best Hospitals" list. • DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - Michigan's first Level 1 Trauma Center and one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments, this hospital trains nearly half of the practicing emergency medicine physicians in the state.
Directs hospital-wide leadership in quality improvement and patient safety assessment, measurement, and outcomes for assigned hospitals. Collaborates to identify quality improvement and patient safety management improvement opportunities/priorities, develop quality/ patient safety process improvement plans, and implement appropriate interventions to improve clinical/service outcomes of care and support achievement of hospital and system standards. In collaboration with risk management, directs serious safety event investigations and oversees recommendations/ follow-through. Provides leadership and education to departments regarding clinical outcomes and patient safety process/ performance measurements, monitoring, and evaluation. Oversees policy, pathway, protocol, and/or guideline and development/implementation and analyzes results of their use. Identifies the need for policy development and/or revision, defines policies in collaboration with higher-level management input, goals, and objectives. Oversees the development, implementation, and/or revision of procedures/protocols in accordance with hospital and system-wide goals and objectives. Approves procedures/protocols and/or seeks other departmental approvals as appropriate. Develops, monitors, and revises functional processes in accordance with goals and objectives. Provides input into the development and revision of organizational structure for the area. Approves personnel actions such as hires, fires, disciplines, etc. Ensures the timely completion of performance appraisals. Develops current to intermediate goals and measures for the department. Measures and assesses performance. As requested, assists in long-range goal development. Develops and monitors budget for the area. Works with Quality and Compliance staff to ensure appropriate data and tools are available to support operating units? quality, safety, and performance improvement efforts. Supports activities of local committees such as LPICC, for Joint Commission and other required data tracking and/or quality improvement activities, and other tools for improving quality of care. Collaborates with physicians and other healthcare professionals across functional teams, both locally and at a system level. Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws and government regulations. Responsible for DMC policies, as well as Joint Commission coordination and follow-up. As directed, implement external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for the diversity of their suppliers. [BRASSRING IMPORT 9/27/16]
- Bachelors degree in Nursing. Masters degree in a health-related field or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience preferred.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality through Healthcare Quality Certification Board (HQCB) or Certified Board for Professionals in Patient Safety(CPPS) preferred.
- Three to five years progressively more responsible experience in a related field.
- Three years progressively more responsible management experience in an acute care facility with at least one year of frequent involvement with senior management, physicians, and outside patient care providers. 6. Experience in the use of personal computers as well as knowledge of statistical or spreadsheet software tools.