Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
We are currently seeking a Medical Science Liaison to join our Sage division with a preference to be based in Cary, Illinois but open to remote anywhere in the United States.
To learn more about Stryker's Sage business, please visit: https://www.stryker.com/us/en/sage.html
WHO WE WANT:
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Self-directed initiators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what’s next.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As a Medical Science Liaison, you will act as a primary interface between Stryker and the scientific and medical community. You’ll provide clinical expertise related to all products to internal and external customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Provide clinical presentations, scientific information, and training in virtual, academic, community, and hospital settings.
- Manage unsolicited requests for off-label information by providing medical information through scientific exchange in a fair and balanced manner.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, regulatory, new product development, and quality teams to provide medical and scientific expertise to influence business strategy and decision making.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease states, clinical information/data, and research relevant for Sage products.
- Interpret and effectively communicate relevant medical and scientific research/data to internal and external customers.
- Develop peer-level relationships with medical and scientific experts.
- Attend major conventions, symposiums, advisory board programs and congresses, in person and virtually, to provide medical and scientific support to internal and external customers.
- Represent the end customer and the clinical perspective for risk-based product decision-making as a member of the Risk Management Board and Adverse Event Review Board.
- Review and approve collateral material for the clinical function.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing and Licensed Registered Nurse in good standing REQUIRED
- Advanced Degree in Nursing- preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in medical device, pharmaceutical, or healthcare industries- required
- Previous experience in a regulatory role or medical science liaison – preferred
- Must be able to build relationships with internal and external customers and execute on responsibilities in a virtual work environment