AMICULUM was established in 2001 when we set out to build an independent global healthcare communications agency from scratch. Our business has grown steadily year on year and now comprises over 300 talented health communications professionals based in New Zealand, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, UK, Switzerland, UAE and the USA.
Our teams deliver highly specialized services, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, communications regarding rare diseases and genomic medicine, as well as digital engagement to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
Our core expertise is developing accurate and engaging scientific content and delivering that through a variety of communication channels for maximum reach and impact. Due to the continued growth and recognized success of our team in the US, we are creating a new opportunity for an experienced medical writer to lead and contribute to a number of accounts, covering a variety of project types and therapy areas.
This new role can be based from our offices in Princeton NJ or Chicago IL, with remote working flexibility. Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-quality scientific content for a range of communications (including slide sets, manuscripts and meeting materials), according to scientific data and evidence, and ensuring it is in line with the project objectives and brief
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure consistency and quality of content by supporting project briefings, technical reviews, training and mentoring
- Adapting writing styles for different target audiences, including client teams, external healthcare physicians, and patients
- Working effectively and professionally with client teams and external experts
You will be an experienced medical writer with at least a few years of relevant agency experience in medical communications. You will have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and the support that our clients require. Above all, you will be an exceptional communicator with a passion for transforming complex scientific information into clear, accurate and engaging content.
You will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will have a strong academic record in biomedical science (MS, PhD or PharmD preferred)
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading client service
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will be passionate about the technical accuracy of your work
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines
Why work at AMICULUM?
We are proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We are also committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path; we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business. In return, we offer a great working environment and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our US benefits are excellent and include an annual personal performance-related bonus, a global profit-sharing bonus, health insurance, life insurance and 25 days’ vacation allowance, plus nine public holidays.